Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Was delivered S this month with old FSD computer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What app software do you have? Is it version 3.10? You can tell by looking at the bottom of the app settings page...

Yes, I'm running the latest available on iOS App store. I'm using an iPhone Xr and iOS 13.1.1 … now, I'm also having an LTE issue with my vehicle (same as what I previously experienced and was promised that the current FW would address, but it didn't). So, I'm not sure if when the vehicle does not have an internet connection if the App UI element wouldn't appear. The Summon menu option does, and when selected tries to connect to vehicle, so I would presume that the Come to Me behavior would be the same (option appears, but fails car connection). Also, when the car is on Wifi, I would presume that the feature would also work. Too many variables I suppose. Grrrrr

I don’t think Tesla has even rolled out software that takes advantage of HW 3 hardware yet anyway. If you paid for FSD, you will get the new computer. But it doesn’t seem necessary at this point.

I am running HW 2.0 and V10 has significantly improved autopilot even with my hardware. I purchased FSD and will get the new hardware at some point. But right now, not needed.

Reactions: boaterva
@Tim-in-CA Reason I asked about your software is because I had to manually go and push to upgrade to the latest. I checked the app store and it didn't show the "Upgrade" button, but when I looked at my software, it was not 3.10. Had to delete the software and then reinstall it, and got 3.10 and my enhanced summon appeared.

Yes, I thought the same to uninstall and reinstall, I did that, but now my vehicle has no LTE connection! Been doing this for months, and the SC says to wait for new FW. Very frustrating! I can't verify until I get a data connection back to my vehicle. Thanks.

Tim, that realy sucks. I confirmed, the "smart summon" doesn't appear until your phone connects to the vehicle. so it may be that your app is fine, but it is the connectivity that is causing your problem. I'd push the SC on this, but we all know how much fun that is...

Thanks. They keep saying to wait for FW update, but the last update broke it again. IMHO, its a HW issue as my MCU was also recently replaced (LTE radio is integrated). I have mobile service appointment on Monday … lets see how it plays out.