Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Drove by Bellevue again today there are a lot more cars in the lot this time. however some of the cars from last week are still there and then it looks like they got new ones aa there was a truck that just finished unloading. A lot of double parking compared to last week. There is clearly a backlog they’re having to get through. Several in my configuration collecting dust :)

Reactions: Skyeforge
Drove by Bellevue again today there are a lot more cars in the lot this time. however some of the cars from last week are still there and then it looks like they got new ones aa there was a truck that just finished unloading. A lot of double parking compared to last week. There is clearly a backlog they’re having to get through. Several in my configuration collecting dust :)
So you can just walk into the lot and look around?

Reactions: Skyeforge
It might seem a silly question but what if I spot an issue beyond 24 hrs/100 miles? Don't they fix those also under warranty? Seems odds on that we won't spot everything in that first day?
Well, you’re looking more for things like poor assembly, the panel gaps, paint discoloration, panel alignment, door operation, scuffs, scratches, dents, etc that would possibly be things they can claim *you* did after delivery. Think of it like inspecting a car rental, except you’re looking for all the stuff your “renter” screwed up on the car so you can pin it on them.
For warranty stuff, things like squeaks/rattles and malfunctions is what they’ll fix.

Well, you’re looking more for things like poor assembly, the panel gaps, paint discoloration, panel alignment, door operation, scuffs, scratches, dents, etc that would possibly be things they can claim *you* did after delivery. Think of it like inspecting a car rental, except you’re looking for all the stuff your “renter” screwed up on the car so you can pin it on them.
For warranty stuff, things like squeaks/rattles and malfunctions is what they’ll fix.
Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time.

Called Renton today and was told they have changed things round such that they inspect and fix things before folks come in to pick up, so if I find anything it'll likely be something they feel is in spec, but I can raise it for fixing later (unlikely to be fixed on the day). I don't know if this is really a change, but from what I read online maybe it is ie more QA before people come in for pick up.

Since we’re planning on getting PPF I’ve asked a few different SAs and theyve all said that the bracket just comes in the car and that they will install it for you on request, but it doesn’t sound like they make it a point to install it as a part of their delivery checklist.

I still wouldnt trust that, and I would mention it when scheduling delivery to not install it if that’s the outcome you want.

WA law is to have a front plate though, but I’m not sure how often folks get ticketed for it.
I broke my front license plate bracket 4 years ago and never fix it. So far I don't have a ticket yet. Lol

On the price details of my order page, it calculated the sales tax at 6.8% for WA state + vehicle tax (Car Price $53,290.00, Sales Tax $3,623.72). It doesn’t include the additional city tax (Kirkland 3.7%). Do they change this when I get my final purchase order, or does Tesla have some loophole that we don’t get charged the city tax (wishful thinking, I know)? It’s an extra $1,971.73.

On the price details of my order page, it calculated the sales tax at 6.8% for WA state + vehicle tax (Car Price $53,290.00, Sales Tax $3,623.72). It doesn’t include the additional city tax (Kirkland 3.7%). Do they change this when I get my final purchase order, or does Tesla have some loophole that we don’t get charged the city tax (wishful thinking, I know)? It’s an extra $1,971.73.
You'll definitely get charged the city sales tax. Mines at $5,854.16 sales tax on the order for Redmond.

Are you trading in a vehicle ?
Mine shows (Tesla - Trade) + Tax. Odd number but close to 8.6%. I was going to ask them but didn't figure I would get a straight answer.