Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, my review documents button was active. I am paying cash without a trade-in.

Curious for folks - how does delivery work if you want to pay with a cashier's check rather than pay in advance. I want to do this 1. because of the unlikely possibility that I need to reject delivery 2. I saw stories online of Tesla charging twice for a car through online transfers and the nightmare hassle of getting them to reverse charges.

Will they schedule delivery without advance payment? Thanks!
They will pickup the cashiers check when they drop the car off at your home. I had an at home delivery last week and paid a portion of the total with a check.

Reactions: GoRun26
I also got my VIN this morning, too!! EED jumped to Sept 19 - Sept 25. Congrats to @JohnCostanzo and @GoRun26!

I received a 275xxx. Not sure if that's good or bad, but I'm just happy to have one.

I have the same question as @GoRun26 -- can we schedule delivery without paying yet? I'm not entirely sure. I'm paying cash, so I'd like to go ahead and wait until I inspect before paying. I think I have to go to Renton SC since I'm in North Bend?

Interestingly, I received an allow bluetooth message on the phone app that I never received before, and that's how I kind of suspected there was a change to my order.

Reactions: GoRun26 and K-Fresh
I also got my VIN this morning, too!! EED jumped to Sept 19 - Sept 25. Congrats to @JohnCostanzo and @GoRun26!

I received a 275xxx. Not sure if that's good or bad, but I'm just happy to have one.

I have the same question as @GoRun26 -- can we schedule delivery without paying yet? I'm not entirely sure. I'm paying cash, so I'd like to go ahead and wait until I inspect before paying. I think I have to go to Renton SC since I'm in North Bend?

Interestingly, I received an allow bluetooth message on the phone app that I never received before, and that's how I kind of suspected there was a change to my order.
Congrats!! Is your car a Performance as well?

Yes, my review documents button was active. I am paying cash without a trade-in.

Curious for folks - how does delivery work if you want to pay with a cashier's check rather than pay in advance. I want to do this 1. because of the unlikely possibility that I need to reject delivery 2. I saw stories online of Tesla charging twice for a car through online transfers and the nightmare hassle of getting them to reverse charges.

Will they schedule delivery without advance payment? Thanks!
@GoRun26 I just paid with cashiers check yesterday, and did so back in August as well. Zero issues. Home delivery, even.

Mine was offered as well. Wonder if it is possible to get the car today if I went to the SC? I can wait until Wednesday but if I can get it today I would jump on that in a heartbeat!
@JohnCostanzo Yes, it's very possible. I did that in August and again on Friday. They are looking to get rid of them as the lot is full. More likely than not, you will have to come back later in the day as they have to prep it.

Been lurking here, but wanted anyone else in our situation that they aren't alone: Our EDD was 9/18-9/30 for a while (months) and this morning instead of getting a VIN we got an update to 10/2-10/22. So it goes!

Long Range Model Y / White / Tow
Sorry to hear that! What was your profile completion date? I have the same specs, ordered 5/26, completed my profile 6/7. Haven’t been pushed out of the quarter yet - EDD 9/20 - 9/30.
For those that got the vin today are your order performance model or not? Mine is not performance so I was wondering if it is mostly performance that are getting vin today. Thanks
The three that have been posted on this thread today are all performance.

Reactions: paramer