Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered 6/27
MY White/White interior/TOW/No FSD

When I ordered, it said August delivery, but has been fluctuating every week until couple of weeks back. Now it says Sep 21-30, but still no VIN. Also got the text regarding taking delivery in September and asking me to confirm.

Interesting note, my neighbor ordered a similar MY Black/Black interior/20/TOW/FSD a day before me and he took delivery on Aug 11th. Weird to see such varying production times for practically the same vehicle.
Finally, the VIN showed up on my account few minutes back. This is probably the 50th time I have checked today! Need to get my insurance set up and get delivery finalized! Super excited!!!

Took delivery of my MYP today. Was dropped off at my home. Car came from the Renton SC. I can say the paint a panel gaps were good. Didn't observe any quality issues. Alignment looks good, no issues with the lights, gaps or other concerns people reported on Youtube. Interior was clean.

Firmware that is installed is: 2021.11.104 which isn't the latest. No Disney+ or other newer stuff announced. Also the car had mud flaps and Paint Protection in the back wheel area. The lights were the newer version too.

Premium connectivity was included, but I think it needs a day to be activated. For example, Slacker "Use Tesla account" doesn't work. Also, I didn't see a "Use Tesla Account" for Spotify. I was told by my Sales Guy and the folks at Bellevue that Spotify is rolled in to the Premium connectivity package. I am not sure if that is the case, but on delivery Spotify doesn't seem to include a free one. Again, going to give it a day.

The guy who dropped off the car took the time to make sure all the settings were done to what he felt were the best. He helped get my car phone paired and went through all the settings. The trade in was non-eventful. Just took the car and drove off with it when he was done.

So overall experience was good.

I’m happy that people are getting their VINs and vehicle. I’m sad that I still don’t get a VIN and probably nowhere near getting it this month. Order completed on 6/17 and currently at 9/22 to 9/30. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the EDD move further tomorrow. I already sold my trade in due to constantly dropping trade in from Tesla even I did not use it and no mileage increase. MYLR MSM no FSD / no tow / black interior.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
Ordered 6/27

When I ordered, it said August delivery, but has been fluctuating every week until couple of weeks back. Now it says Sep 21-30, but still no VIN. Also got the text regarding taking delivery in September and asking me to confirm.

Interesting note, my neighbor ordered a similar MY Black/Black interior/20/TOW/FSD a day before me and he took delivery on Aug 11th. Weird to see such varying production times for practically the same vehicle.
Congrats!! Remind me, is your order LR or P?
It’s a LR. White/White interior/19”/Tow/No FSD

Same config and also picking up from Lynnwood. Our order completion date is 5 days after yours. Imma start waiting for your good news!
I wouldn’t be at all surprised if either you or @paramer get your VINs before me.
I’ve seen way too many orders after mine with similar or same specs gets fulfilled to think I’m next! 😂

Ordered 6/27

Finally scheduled for delivery on 9/27. Exactly 3 months after the order! Super excited.

I picked up delivery yesterday! The experience was a bit disappointing at Renton SC however. The delivery guy was very much pushing me out as quickly as possible and had a bit of an attitude when I simply asked to look over the vehicle before signing any documents. Very odd.

Anyway, I began looking over the exterior (video recorded). Found some small alignment things that could be easily adjusted. Both front and back, left rims had some small marks/damage on the edges of them. Should I give them a chance to repair it? I thought repair was fine at first, but this morning, I'm starting to feel like I should have it replaced considering this is a brand new vehicle.

Also, I noticed the driver side door needed noticeably more force to shut completely. Couldn't see that until taking delivery...

One final thing is that the left passenger door has a dent in the interior part of the metal. It looks like it happened prior to painting. It's not huge, but I'll certainly note it with the service center. I wonder what my options are here or if it's going to cause more problems if it's addressed.

All that said, the car drove great. I was curious how it would do on I-90 closer to North Bend as the road noise gets much louder out there. It did wonderfully. It wasn't a problem adjusting to one pedal driving either. I admit though, I may have been white knuckling it as I didn't want to get any rock chips before PPF... :D Speaking of that, it did come with mud flaps and side PPF.

Overall, the car is great with some small things to fix! The experience at Renton SC was lackluster. I would not have thought it to be a problem to look over the vehicle before signing documents...

I picked up delivery yesterday! The experience was a bit disappointing at Renton SC however. The delivery guy was very much pushing me out as quickly as possible and had a bit of an attitude when I simply asked to look over the vehicle before signing any documents. Very odd.

Anyway, I began looking over the exterior (video recorded). Found some small alignment things that could be easily adjusted. Both front and back, left rims had some small marks/damage on the edges of them. Should I give them a chance to repair it? I thought repair was fine at first, but this morning, I'm starting to feel like I should have it replaced considering this is a brand new vehicle.

Also, I noticed the driver side door needed noticeably more force to shut completely. Couldn't see that until taking delivery...

One final thing is that the left passenger door has a dent in the interior part of the metal. It looks like it happened prior to painting. It's not huge, but I'll certainly note it with the service center. I wonder what my options are here or if it's going to cause more problems if it's addressed.

All that said, the car drove great. I was curious how it would do on I-90 closer to North Bend as the road noise gets much louder out there. It did wonderfully. It wasn't a problem adjusting to one pedal driving either. I admit though, I may have been white knuckling it as I didn't want to get any rock chips before PPF... :D Speaking of that, it did come with mud flaps and side PPF.

Overall, the car is great with some small things to fix! The experience at Renton SC was lackluster. I would not have thought it to be a problem to look over the vehicle before signing documents...
Thanks for all of the info on your delivery. I am a bit anxious about build quality and want to take my time going over the car. Hoping for a good build but preparing for problems. Sorry they weren't that cool at the Renton SC. @jebinc has mentioned good experiences with them. Must depend on the employee.
Enjoy your new car!

Slightly frustrating, my Wall Connector was supposed to arrive last Saturday but got hung up in the Troutdale, OR FedEx black hole that has well-earned dedicated reddit threads and rant websites created in its dishonor. All of the wiring has been roughed in, but I am anxious since I have exposed wires sitting outside waiting to be connected (breaker is off). Charging might be tricky for the next few days...

Reactions: TSTSTS
Thanks for all of the info on your delivery. I am a bit anxious about build quality and want to take my time going over the car. Hoping for a good build but preparing for problems. Sorry they weren't that cool at the Renton SC. @jebinc has mentioned good experiences with them. Must depend on the employee.
Enjoy your new car!
Of course!! Happy to share as always. I think it is very much employee dependent, as the other person he was with was very easy going; I think she was a trainee. He certainly did not deny me the opportunity at least, but he didn't seem happy about it. Oh well. :rolleyes:

It's easy to get anxious with delivery. Best to go in with realistic expectations. I probably could have acted a bit more excited when I got the car, but I usually don't get excited over these things... especially at a car dealership/service center.

Speaking of the wall charger you got, when you get it all setup, I'm happy to report that it works great! Charging is quite fast. Did you get the 24ft version? Install cost for me ended up being 750 which I think is pretty reasonable? At least it works....