Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love. My. Car.

Delivery experience was an “ehhhh” experience. Idk if they are working out the kinks or what at Fife, but there is a lot of room for improvement. But we entered the delivery room check in area. Crickets… walked passed the customers lounge, lights off, to the service area where they had 4 people at desks. Ask if they can help, and one of them walked me back to the original room I entered, then went and grabbed someone. So weird. I guess it was a Friday afternoon and only two cars were out for pick up. No signage either, it was obvious that MYP sitting out was mine!

The guy who helped us, very informal. Went straight into paperwork. I asked if I can walk the car, he said yea sure, but things like build quality issues and alignments things are things of the past. Sadly to inform you guys and him, it’s not! Nothing major, but paints issues, scuffs on car, and I felt the alignment/panel gaps around both from and rear lights are not aligned. Again, no big deal. We went straight into paperwork, and they didn’t have the paperwork correct. Took 20 minutes to straighten out, but spent that time looking over the car after he gave me the keys.

Surreal to be part of the Tesla family. Surreal to drive EV period.
The Seattle store was similar. The entire huge showroom was empty. No one around. I had to track someone down as we were the only ones picking up our Tesla? There was a bunch of other new cars but not sure when they were getting picked up. Our Tesla was perfect all around. The exact white one next to ours had a few issues I saw so glad that wasn't ours (like the rear window was humped and not sitting flush). The guy went directly into paperwork for us too. And told us basics of the car but we had to ask a ton of questions. Glad we have it now

Does WA State DOL use the "delivery MSRP date" to plug in the MSRP for their RTA calculations?

To clarify, some of us folks submitted vehicle orders and waited the 12+ months for delivery have an MSRP that is substantially lower then current MSRP - so which one is in the calculation - can anyone in a similar situation check their paperwork? thx!

Annnnnd… Delivery is pushed.. was all set to take delivery at 2pm today. SA called this morning to say that a latch on the trunk needs to be replaced and the part won’t be in until the end of the week. Soonest I can reschedule is next Tuesday. Bummed, but I kinda figured something like this would rear its ugly head. Now we get to shuffle our work schedules once again.

Took delivery of our MYP today. The overall experience was fantastic compared to any other time we’ve purchased a vehicle. They allowed us ample time to inspect the car during which we found two issues that will require a service follow up. The front passenger door panel is misaligned and not flush with the fender panel, and the front driver side wheel has a knick in it right on the outer edge.

All in all a great experience and we were out of there in under an hour with most of that time being the inspection.

Officially hit my 4 week window with no update in app. Based on other May order dates from other folks I'm guessing I'm closer to mid-September delivery date.

MYP White/Black, no tow, no FSD
Order Date - 5/31
EDD1 - 8/15-9/26
EDD2 - 8/12-9/16
EDD3 - 8/15-9/12