Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington State Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Officially hit my 4 week window with no update in app. Based on other May order dates from other folks I'm guessing I'm closer to mid-September delivery date.

MYP White/Black, no tow, no FSD
Order Date - 5/31
EDD1 - 8/15-9/26
EDD2 - 8/12-9/16
EDD3 - 8/15-9/12
My EDD got pushed back this morning:

MYP White/Black, no tow, no FSD
Order Date - 5/31
EDD1 - 8/15-9/26
EDD2 - 8/12-9/16
EDD3 - 8/15-9/12
EDD4 - 9/2-9/30

Quick question to WA folks, when I finally get my VIN, is there any way to request a personal plate up front?

I'd like to get my personal plate at the same time when the MY arrives, rather then have WA DMV issue a generic plate number only to have me turn it in for personal plate.

Thoughts? Insights?

Got my little fun list of personal plates. Tee hee!

Quick question to WA folks, when I finally get my VIN, is there any way to request a personal plate up front?

I'd like to get my personal plate at the same time when the MY arrives, rather then have WA DMV issue a generic plate number only to have me turn it in for personal plate.

Thoughts? Insights?

Got my little fun list of personal plates. Tee hee!
(edited) You could try filling out the custom VIN application form and bringing in when you pickup the vehicle. Tesla will apply for the license when you take delivery. Worth a shot I guess ...

(edited) You could try filling out the custom VIN application form and bringing in when you pickup the vehicle. Tesla will apply for the license when you take delivery. Worth a shot I guess ...
Thanks Corndart. I'll keep that in mind. Big assumption here on my part... I have a really good Inspection on delivery and I keep the car (and that VIN assigned to that new personal plate).

Hi
I am scheduled to pick up a MYLR (OD 7/20/21 LOL) on Tuesday 8/30 from the Seattle SC. Two questions regarding delivery in WA.
Sorry I am new to the state and have tried searching for these already. My assigned SA (being out of state) isn't familiar with WA state to answer.
1. Are there state incentives buying an EV like Tesla model Y?
2. Can I transfer my current WA plate from the car I am trading in?
Thanks in advance.

Hi
I am scheduled to pick up a MYLR (OD 7/20/21 LOL) on Tuesday 8/30 from the Seattle SC. Two questions regarding delivery in WA.
Sorry I am new to the state and have tried searching for these already. My assigned SA (being out of state) isn't familiar with WA state to answer.
1. Are there state incentives buying an EV like Tesla model Y?
2. Can I transfer my current WA plate from the car I am trading in?
Thanks in advance.
Happy to clarify:
  1. This will depend on county. Some county electricity providers will offer rebates towards the type of home charger you choose to install and/or credit for electricity. WA does waive the sales tax for installation of a home charger.
  2. Transfer plates to another vehicle