Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water intrusion after rain

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was pouring rain here in NC and my 13yo son got in the car and closed the passenger side FWD and he got showered with the rain collected in the runoffs last week. Since I was picking him up at school after PE, he needed one anyway, but the car wasn't exactly the location of choice :). I'm going to add it to my list of things for my next SC visit (all minor stuff).

Our late May build X had the same problem. Thankfully only on one side. I took it to the service center and they replaced the seal around the affected FWD. The seal apparently has a gully that channels the runoff water away. Our seal was compressed, causing the gully to not function as designed and water would pour onto the second row seat and floor area. The new seal fixed the problem. No more half opening of FWD necessary when it has rained :).

Our late May build X had the same problem. Thankfully only on one side. I took it to the service center and they replaced the seal around the affected FWD. The seal apparently has a gully that channels the runoff water away. Our seal was compressed, causing the gully to not function as designed and water would pour onto the second row seat and floor area. The new seal fixed the problem. No more half opening of FWD necessary when it has rained :).
Yes exactly this. I just took photos right now and could find the exact issue

• Informative
Reactions: DrivingTheFuture
IMG_1158.JPG
IMG_1159.JPG

I took mine in for this same problem on 11/29. No fix was made. Now that I read this thread after I just created the same thread I wanted to add my passenger side seal is flatter than the left. Water comes in on this side. The driver side seal height is higher which now leads me to think they need to replace my passenger side seals.

Lower seal height = less blockage of water to flow into channels

I had my X in to the Service Center today to look into my falcon wing water leaks. I have leaks on both sides even during light rain. They said it's a known problem and won't do anything until they get a solution from corporate. They said they have replaced the seals on other X's and the leaks returned after a period of time. So, at the is time, they asked me to wait on a better solution from corp.

I had my X in to the Service Center today to look into my falcon wing water leaks. I have leaks on both sides even during light rain. They said it's a known problem and won't do anything until they get a solution from corporate. They said they have replaced the seals on other X's and the leaks returned after a period of time. So, at the is time, they asked me to wait on a better solution from corp.
I disagree with your SC. Mine was fixed with no issues.

Yep. I confirm the same thing happens with my August delivery Model X. It hasn't rained in San Diego in a long time but last rain a few weeks ago it leaked all over the back seat in the same spot mentioned on this thread. I also tested it with a garden hose washing my car and the same thing happened.

I just picked up my car in Fremont today and it's raining a bit, nothing crazy. My car sat in the parking lot while I ate lunch and as soon as I open the FWD a good amount of splash came down on the 2nd row seats. I guess I'll check the seals later and contact my service center.