Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water Leak [ingress during car wash]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 2021 Model 3 about 6 months old. When I take this to automatic car Wash it leaks significant water on right side passenger side below glove compartment. Tesla says it's normal and I should hand wash instead. I have stopped using automated car Wash now but this does not sound right? Any comments or suggestions? Leak is not small Leak it's like pouring stream of water.

Reactions: Leafdriver333
I've got a 2021 performance 3 that has developed a leak in the last six weeks which leads to the water pooling on the passenger plastic floor mat. This is just from the car sitting in the rain.

I tried recreating the leak with a hose but had no luck. One stay at the service center and they couldn't recreate with their water intrusion tester. I refused to take the car back and so they're trying again. Should know tomorrow what the results are.

Interestingly when I originally dropped the car off the rep told meTesla was uninterested in internal articles and that they recommend customers don't visit forums. SMH

Upvote 0
Ever fixed ?
Cautiously going to say the my leak was fixed. The service center had my car for four days shy of two months, but I've had it back for couple of weeks now and it remains dry. The communication from Tesla was almost non-existent throughout my car's stay with them. Finally requested a call from the manager. Basically they had never encountered my problem and had to get an engineer to visit the Seattle shop to look at and suggest a fix. Kind of mind-boggling to tell the truth.

In the end water was some how getting in where the cabin filter is located.

Unrelated, but they also did some sort of recall fix on the motorized trunk opener and now it grinds when opening and closing. Dreading taking the car back to them.

Upvote 0
I’ve having this issue with my model y. After a hard rain in the northeast I just noticed a pool of water in the passenger side floor. My car is 4 months old and after reading people’s experience it really seems unacceptable for a 60k car to have water leaking inside the cabin. Build quality issue if you ask me. Doesn’t matter how the water has entered the system…it’s a build quality issue.

Upvote 0
I’ve having this issue with my model y. After a hard rain in the northeast I just noticed a pool of water in the passenger side floor. My car is 4 months old and after reading people’s experience it really seems unacceptable for a 60k car to have water leaking inside the cabin. Build quality issue if you ask me. Doesn’t matter how the water has entered the system…it’s a build quality issue.
Have you contacted service about fixing this?

Upvote 0