Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y- Super Dirty Car immediately after car wash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its very annoying to see your car super dirty right after leaving the car wash . Its been 2 months that I got a new model Y, every time I go to for a car wash( Home , Shop) and get it cleaned, and then drive my car back to home( incase I get it cleaned at shop) - Both sides( Left and Right) front and back doors along with left and right mirrors have muddy/dirty black watermarks ( marks leaning towards the back ) on the body as if I had just driven in a pool of mud .

I am not sure where these water splash marks are coming but it is super annoying to see your card dirty right after the wash.I am now very hesitant to take the car for a wash as it gets even dirtier , and I end up using a cloth to wipe the dirt water marks off the doors and the mirror and spend a lot of time getting it back to clean.

Did the below things but still cant get this issue resolved
1) Installed Front and Rear mud guards
2) Removed rim case to ensure that the dirty water wasnt being thrown from the case

Contacted Tesla and they refused to look into it stating that this is something they have not heard or can do anything as this is not a mechanical issue.

Any help/experience will be appreciated

Wow makes no sense
You are saying you wash it:
At home and then the sides are dirty
At a car wash, then at home the sides are dirty
Correct?

I can only guess, you are going to the same car wash and you and the place are performing the same steps

Can you confirm that?
If so, provide a summary of rhe steps

Btw, the best and safest washes are at home
Look at YouTube’s on two bucket washes and microfiber drying
Tire detailing, be careful not to put too much on for it will spray back on the vehicle when you drive (this is my guess, you are putting a black treatment on the tire rubber and it’s spraying up onto the vehicle when you drive)

@Dantley: How can you completely dry your car ( specially on the frame above the wheels, and underneath the car) when you are washing that car at a shop ? It will take hours for the car to completely dry

@kpanda17 : If I keep the car parked for an hour, and let the water evaporate - No stains however when going to a car wash, you cannot be parked for an hour expecting the car to dry completely .

I do not put any black spray treatment on the tires . When I drive off the car wash shop after pat drying the side panels, the muddy water stains all over the sides and the mirror ( not sure how and where this water is coming in from). Have my friends take their Tesla's to the same shop without any issues. I have other cars with no issues with the dirt.

Can it be a design flaw in my car?

Did you send Tesla pics of your dirty car? Use the app. I don't see why Tesla wouldn’t help, this is clearly easily diagnosed remotely. Don't give up. Once you send Tesla pics in the app, run it thru a car wash and drive it directly to a Service Center to show them.

Last edited:
@Iron : Its not about the car getting dirty .... my point is I cant get my car washed because it will make it even dirtier. This does not happens to any of other tesla's , with so little quality control , and so many people reporting different issue, may be there is a design/adjustment needed somewhere that can fix this. I will post the pictures soon and you will might understand/see what I am talking about.

Did you send Tesla pics of your dirty car? Use the app. I don't see why Tesla wouldn’t help, this is clearly easily diagnosed remotely. Don't give up. Once you send Tesla pics in the app, run it thru a car wash and drive it directly to a Service Center to show them.
Zoomed, you seem to understand rhe issue
Please explain for this seems to be a very crazy post

Reactions: zoomer0056
This is not a question posted by a troll. If you cant help/answer, better not to make fun or respond. I will post the pictures as soon as I can but @johnnycnote you will have to wait for cybertruck to be launched to get your piano wish fulfilled.
Cars gets dirty all the time and this post is not complaining about the dirt getting accumulated after regular driving.

Fair Ank, we will wait to understand

Food for thought, I have two 2023s
vs other vehicles I have owned
These vehicles/Teslas are the easiest to clean and maintain that I have ever owned
Note, unprotected paint needs ceramic or wax to maintain its shine and keep dirt from sticking
Also, if your roads are dirt or have dust on them and the paint is not protected, it will stick

Reactions: Pianewman