Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Water running into footwell from behind glovebox

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RB5Black

Mar 5, 2020
UK
Has anyone else experienced water running into the passenger footwell from what appears to be behind the glovebox area ?

We recently had some very heavy rain and on the way home hit some roadside puddles that splashed up and onto the windscreen. Shortly after the water poured into the footwell.

If the water splashed high enough to hit the windscreen, is it possible some made it into the bonnet and down into the hvac duct?

Open the bonnet, pull off the plastic piece that covers the windscreen wash bottle and have a look on the left hand side. If the air inlet is wet or you see water there, that could be your source.

I bought the plastic one from ebay. No complaints on quality. Fits perfectly enough not to require fitting so easily to remove to clean if needed. But going into first winter with it so no measure if its affected HVAC performance in any way - AC seemed absolutely fine. Probably worth checking regularly through the grill if it gets blocked with leaves etc.

The exact item I bought is not listed but it seems to be similar to this one - For Tesla Model3 2017-19 Car Air-Flow Vent Cover Moulding Protector Accessories | eBay - they are LHD/RHD specific so you need to confirm the correct shape. Unknown if revised front boot shape makes any difference.

There is a mesh version doing the rounds too, but I'm not sure what benefits that may offer.

Reactions: LongRanger
quick Q on this - has anyone found the RHD version of the HVAC inlet cover with decent enough quality - if so could they post a link please ? Fed up of leaves getting in there ....
I got a really nice one from Luckeasy, but not sure if you want to go there again?

20200904_183455.jpg