Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waterless wash for glass roof?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received my model 3 and have a cleaning question… live in an apartment complex that doesn’t allow car washing on site so I’m using waterless car wash spray on the exterior to remove dust, but I’m not sure what to use on the glass roof? Do I use glass cleaner? Is there something special I need to use on it?

Use Windex or other, just like you would for cleaning any glass in your home. I personally have never heard of waxing glass, but whatever, car glass was made to be totally clean. I use Windex and a baby diaper (they're cheap and absorbent, buy by the dozen) and my windows are spotless, except for the rock chip.

I personally have never heard of waxing glass,

Yep, waxing the glass is great. When it rains, water just flies off and makes it less likely you will have water spots. And the same way wax makes it easier to clean car paint, it makes it easier to clean the glass. I've even heard of people putting car wax on their shower glass to make it easier to clean the glass and prevent the build up of mineral deposits.

Reactions: guggie1
Yep, waxing the glass is great. When it rains, water just flies off and makes it less likely you will have water spots. And the same way wax makes it easier to clean car paint, it makes it easier to clean the glass. I've even heard of people putting car wax on their shower glass to make it easier to clean the glass and prevent the build up of mineral deposits.
Interesting idea… I may have to try that shower trick :p

Use Windex or other, just like you would for cleaning any glass in your home. I personally have never heard of waxing glass, but whatever, car glass was made to be totally clean. I use Windex and a baby diaper (they're cheap and absorbent, buy by the dozen) and my windows are spotless, except for the rock chip.
Windex has ammonia so recommend going without ammonia based cleaners like invisible glass or spraway