Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Watt Time & Watt Key - Wear OS Watch Apps To Control Your Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,
I don't see the icons I selected for the quick menu (turn the dial on watch and green around image). I selected the + on the menu and it opened my trunk, which was my original selection. I expected the + to have me add or edit the menu, not open my trunk. ;)
The second image is the quick buttons I have in my settings.

Screenshot_20220916_113746_sysui.png
Screenshot_20220916_114624_teslatime.png

Hi,
I don't see the icons I selected for the quick menu (turn the dial on watch and green around image). I selected the + on the menu and it opened my trunk, which was my original selection. I expected the + to have me add or edit the menu, not open my trunk. ;)
Did you try to reboot the watch?

Was there a resolution to NFC not working after setup? My Tesla sees my watch NFC and am able to setup as a key. Unfortunately, when I try to use it either outside or inside by the center console it doesn't work.

Was there a resolution to NFC not working after setup? My Tesla sees my watch NFC and am able to setup as a key. Unfortunately, when I try to use it either outside or inside by the center console it doesn't work.
I just responded to you via email but I'll say it here for anyone having a similar issue. The NFC readers on the Tesla are tuned to only read from a very short distance, this is to avoid it accidentally reading an NFC tag, also a key card is quite easy to press directly up to the glass on the B pillar or directly onto the center console. To get the watch to be correctly read by the Tesla I found I had to press it flat and hard up against the glass on the B pillar to read, also had to position the watch in the exact spot the car's NFC antenna is placed.

In saying that, I'll have a dig into the code and do some testing to make sure there's nothing wrong there. Thanks :)

I finally got a new watch and just bought both apps. Very cool!

One question regarding Watt Key - is there any way to disable the watch notification, or is it similar to a background service running on a phone that requires the persistent notification? In my office at home I'm just at the edge of range to the car so I'm constantly getting connected/disconnected notifications buzzing my wrist. If there's no way to disable the notification would it be possible to add an on/off toggle in the app and/or tile to quickly enable/disable the service altogether? Realistically I'll have my phone with me 99% of the time and could just leave the app disabled, but love the idea of having it when I need it for gym/sports/whatever.

Great work, thanks!

I finally got a new watch and just bought both apps. Very cool!

One question regarding Watt Key - is there any way to disable the watch notification, or is it similar to a background service running on a phone that requires the persistent notification? In my office at home I'm just at the edge of range to the car so I'm constantly getting connected/disconnected notifications buzzing my wrist. If there's no way to disable the notification would it be possible to add an on/off toggle in the app and/or tile to quickly enable/disable the service altogether? Realistically I'll have my phone with me 99% of the time and could just leave the app disabled, but love the idea of having it when I need it for gym/sports/whatever.

Great work, thanks!
I'm glad you like the apps! Ah sorry about that issue. I'm currently doing a large overhall of Watt Key including an adjustment to make it only connect when you're very close to your car (instead of as soon as it gets signal). As it's quite a big change I'm having to do lots of testing but hopefully I'll have it released in the next week! I've also added an option to turn off the automatic connecting all together if for example as you said; you always have your phone on you.

Thanks!

Reactions: Maxters and bedoig
Think it requires BT as key. Not sure about 2017.
I Have just purchased this app.. and i must admit that it is an absolute amazing app that i invested £5.99. The developer has spent a lot of time and made it almost perfect in every sense. Really glad i purchased it lol.

It works on bith of Model 3 and Model X.

My MX is in service atm but it is showing the entire car details on the watch i a yet to test it out on the MX.

I have tested is on the M3 works like magic!

Hi,

View attachment 853218View attachment 853224
Theres a way of editing/adding.. open the what time app on the watch... scroll right down where you see settings scroll down again and you can add upto 6 different features and change to whatever you want as well.

I will recommend adding 5 option as when you add the 6th one the text don't fit on the small watch screen.

Hope this helps. :)

I have bought Watt Key a few days ago.

I have a Tesla Model 3 and a Galaxy Watch 4.

Registering as new Key was successful but I have difficults to connect to the car.
I stand at the door and the App is not able to connect so that I am not able to open the door.

What is the normal bluetooth range from the car to the Watch?
Or do I something wrong?

When I connect with my Android phone first then I am able to use the App on the watch.

Theres a way of editing/adding.. open the what time app on the watch... scroll right down where you see settings scroll down again and you can add upto 6 different features and change to whatever you want as well.

I will recommend adding 5 option as when you add the 6th one the text don't fit on the small watch screen.

Hope this helps. :)
My problem was fixed with an update. It now changes without having to reboot watch or remove/add as a tile.

Works great and I use it all the time!

Reactions: joshendy
Happy holidays everyone! I've just released updates for Watt Time and Watt Key.

Watt Time:
* Summon support is out of beta and ready to be used (thanks Tesla for giving NZ EAP for a month!)
* Added fart and bioweapon defense mode commands (to protect yourself from the farts)

Watt Key:
* Added summon (enable in settings, press the circle button until hazard lights flash and then summon forward or back - You also need to select "No" for require continuous press in your Tesla's summon settings)
* Added unlatch driver's and passenger's door commands (App just has driver door unlatch, tile has driver and passenger door unlatch)
* Added automatic unlatch driver's door when you're less than 1 meter (~3 feet) from your Tesla (enable in settings, may take a couple seconds to open once you reach your Tesla as Watt Key derives distance from signal strength which is filtered because it's a noisy signal!)
* Fixed annoying Bluetooth connection instability issue

Please let me know if there's anything else you'd like added, changed, fixed, removed. Thanks!

I installed watt time and then realized (after reading this thread) that I wanted watt key. I don't see it in the play store. (User error?) I have a Samsung 5 pro. Thanks!
Annoyingly it doesn't show up on the Google Play Store phone app because it's a watch only app (this is what Google told me). So instead you need to search for Watt Key on the Google Play Store watch app or the Google Play Store website and get it from there.

Annoyingly it doesn't show up on the Google Play Store phone app because it's a watch only app (this is what Google told me). So instead you need to search for Watt Key on the Google Play Store watch app or the Google Play Store website and get it from there.
Stupid me. Bought, thanks. Bad design on googles part. If you have a link to provide them feedback I'd be happy too.

Also the app is compatible with a 5 pro (your link doesn't include it)