Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waze, Model Y and Cell phone holder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this is the most seamless and functional cell phone holder design. It fits like a glove and the piece that holds it to the tesla screen cannot be seen.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088FJF6K3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have this one. My only complaints are that my phone blocks the screen a little, and the phone also blocks my vision of the road a bit. I solved that by raising my seat up higher so I am looking over the top of it more.

It doesn't touch the glass, so I guess the review meant it scratches the metal sides of the screen? Truthfully, I haven't removed it to check, and I would guess that if there is the potential to scratch the sides, it would happen when I take on and off the mount, so I may never know!

I respect those who want to have a phone holder on the windshield or the screen - however - isn't it the same 'glance' to look at the phone at the windshield or near the screen as opposed to down on the charger? I like the minimalist look of the Tesla and have no desire to change it. Having said that - in my Wrangler I have all types of mounts etc etc - because its that type of car...

I'm with you, I love the look of the interior and all the add on stuff looks, well, tacky to me. Since I can get all of the benefit of Waze with my phone on the charging pad there is no added value in moving the phone into a higher position for me. Personally I haven't found Car Play or Android Auto particularly compelling, mostly entertainment, and wouldn't want my interior to look junky just for that.

As long as people continue to complain about the lack of Android Auto or Car Play but still buy the cars anyway there is zero incentive for Tesla to include them and potentially compromise their control of the tablet.

Pic.
E93A8E6B-4259-47EE-BEEF-7C050E1A7177.jpeg

What about the Temai mount for 3/Y? Anyone try it out? From Amazon Canada TEMAI Tesla Model 3/Y Phone Mount: Amazon.ca: Electronics or Amazon US https://www.amazon.com/TEMAI-Tesla-...&keywords=temai+model+y&qid=1615334693&sr=8-3.

I have no experience with it, but think if I were looking for one, it would probably be this one.

EDIT: screen-mounted mount vs. the Teamai:
, and here's CFTesla's review of the Temai:
This is the one I have. It looks great with interior trim. Simple design but does the job

• Helpful
Reactions: angus[Y]oung
I tried one of those magnetic mounts someone else suggested but couldn’t get the metal plate positioned where it would 1) hold my iPhone 11 Pro Max securely and 2) charge wirelessly when needed. Gave up and just rest it on the charger now.
I use this.. It holds my phone perfectly, and I can still wirelessly charge... It's not actually made of metal, it feels like one of those magnetic sheets that you can print on, but either way, it works just as well.

Wireless Charging Compatible Magnetic Plate