Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hansshow HUD/Carplay/Android Auto solution

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking into getting the hansshow 9inch display, and have been doing a bit of research. For those who have this, I've seen a few people mention that when they aren't even in the car/using the car. (IE. they are inside the house, outside near the car or in the garage near their car... basically anywhere in proximity of the car) their phone will auto connect to the device when answering phone calls, when playing music, etc.

Has anybody come across this issue at all?
Following up on this - does the wireless CarPlay remain connected to the phone when you exit/lock the vehicle or does the unit know to disconnect?

When I was using the 9” inch Hansshow device, I don’t recall having that problem. The nice thing about that unit is that it comes on when you get in the car and then turns off when you leave.
9” Hansshow unit arrived today and install went smoothly. Auto connect/disconnect works great.
Scroll wheel UI control for CarPlay works flawlessly - you just have to enable wheel control (hold right wheel to the right).

Only issues are the audio routing previously discussed -
#1 Phone calls have terrible echo when screen is paired to Tesla
#2 Siri/directions only come through the crappy built-in speaker when iPhone is paired to the Tesla directly

#2 is the better of the two issues but has anyone find a solution to the Siri and speaker issue?

9” Hansshow unit arrived today and install went smoothly. Auto connect/disconnect works great.
Scroll wheel UI control for CarPlay works flawlessly - you just have to enable wheel control (hold right wheel to the right).

Only issues are the audio routing previously discussed -
#1 Phone calls have terrible echo when screen is paired to Tesla
#2 Siri/directions only come through the crappy built-in speaker when iPhone is paired to the Tesla directly

#2 is the better of the two issues but has anyone find a solution to the Siri and speaker issue?
I just got a reply from Hansshow tech support - they are working on the fix for #2:-

Attachments

• 563D85F6-1215-4A84-9DF3-9335CFF8B634.jpeg
    563D85F6-1215-4A84-9DF3-9335CFF8B634.jpeg
    202.6 KB · Views: 195
I just got a reply from Hansshow tech support - they are working on the fix for #2:-
I think based on their reply it would also fix #1.

Here's their reply that you posted in screenshot form:
"Connect bluetooth from phone to car. And disconnected the hansshow bluetooth connection with car and phone. Wi-Fi CarPlay is still connected to the hansshow display and all audio goes directly to the car.
after have the new soft file to fix it ,i will send you ,the soft engineer is testing it"

If they truly fix this that would be great. What they're describing is essentially what Carlinkit products do (i.e. dongle with Android device, or the T2C device). They use what they call Bluetooth audio channel. When I was using the Hansshow I jumped through hoops to mimic that behaviour as I mentioned. If it's baked in to the product that's exciting.

Anyone else is having sound delay? I'm using it to watch YouTube and I connect the Tesla to it to get the sound but there is always a slight delay.

Btw to answer above question, to change the theme you need to hold "left" on the steering wheel button for few seconds

Well looks like Hansshow pulled through. We were able to figure out my connection issues and restored the missing files via USB-C. Everything works as it should now. I was also missing some GPS navigation files after I did a factory restore. Tip: if you factory restore this display, do not click the box to delete the extra files as I did. Also, GPS navigation has an instant solid lock after restoring the missing files.

I previously had the 9" linux display which I mainly used for carplay, but I wanted more functionality. In my opinion, the main pro for getting the 10.25 Display is that it is allows me to sideload android apps which I can use spare 4g sim card for data instead of connecting it via hotspot to my mobile phone. I also installed the front camera, which was missing on the Linux display. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!
Hi
Do you still have those files. Unfortunately I have deleted them too