Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We’ve seen S3XY buttons, but a S3XY knob?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are your buttons identified as gen 2 in any way? I emailed to ask about gen 1 buttons working with the new commander because I ordered the add-on buttons before they announced the gen 2 publicly. They told me I was shipped the gen 2 buttons and they'll be fine with the commander.

I just opened one of my 2 boxes and the buttons have a really satisfying tactile click to them (IMO). I'm happy with that, I was a bit worried about how they'd feel. I never felt the gen 1 buttons and I was a bit worried they'd feel too soft & mushy. I'm happy it doesn't seem that way.

Man I can't wait to get the knob / commander in.

Are your buttons identified as gen 2 in any way? I emailed to ask about gen 1 buttons working with the new commander because I ordered the add-on buttons before they announced the gen 2 publicly. They told me I was shipped the gen 2 buttons and they'll be fine with the commander.

I just opened one of my 2 boxes and the buttons have a really satisfying tactile click to them (IMO). I'm happy with that, I was a bit worried about how they'd feel. I never felt the gen 1 buttons and I was a bit worried they'd feel too soft & mushy. I'm happy it doesn't seem that way.

Man I can't wait to get the knob / commander in.
Yes the gen 2 buttons have a distinct more tactile click than gen 1. Also the box is marked as gen 2 buttons. The commander is also different shape from gen 1. So far no complaints with any of the functions. Everything works flawlessly without delay. Very impressive

I cancelled the knob. Its too delayed and I always have a tumbler in my cup holder so that would be in the way. I ended up ordering the buttons that attach to the bottom of the screen. Center Console Physical Control Button Multi-function For Tesla Model 3 & Y Highland

The knob looks way nicer but this seems like it will be quicker to do things. It was $126 with a youtubers discount code. Im just tired of needing to interact with the screen for fan controls, heated seats, and others.

Reactions: BikerPeaBody
I placed the order on July 29th, can't wait to test it out :D

I placed the order on July 29th, can't wait to test it out :D
Got mine yesterday, installed and updated to the latest firmware on the Knob.
Everything works fine on the Knob but the current S3XY buttons are not talking to the new gen2 Commander. In the Button page on iPhone App, it shows the Commander is Disconnected. Not sure if I have to remove all buttons from the App with the old Commander still connected, then plug in the new gen2 Commander and add/set up the buttons again.
Hesitant to remove the Buttons now until getting confirmation from Enhauto since there are functions that I want to keep which are not available from the Knob yet.

Attachments

• S3XY Knob 1.jpg
    S3XY Knob 1.jpg
    479.3 KB · Views: 53
  • S3XY Knob 2.jpg
    S3XY Knob 2.jpg
    710.3 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: jsmay311 and Jaceq
Got mine yesterday, installed and updated to the latest firmware on the Knob.
Everything works fine on the Knob but the current S3XY buttons are not talking to the new gen2 Commander. In the Button page on iPhone App, it shows the Commander is Disconnected. Not sure if I have to remove all buttons from the App with the old Commander still connected, then plug in the new gen2 Commander and add/set up the buttons again.
Hesitant to remove the Buttons now until getting confirmation from Enhauto since there are functions that I want to keep which are not available from the Knob yet.

OK. I have figured it out but not sure if this is the official way though!
I had removed all Buttons from the iPhone app with the old Commander still connected. Then removed the old one and connected the Gen2 Commander and had all Buttons set up again. Everything is working fine now.
Hope more actions will be implemented to the Knob in the future updates soon.

Anyone have thoughts on either location being beneficial over the other for the commander?
My understanding (from comments made by other vendors) is that the front-footwell location has access to more information, specifically information from the autopilot system, and so is better if you plan on using their dash display.

That said, as of right now I think there's no functional difference, and the S3xy dash is not usable.

Reactions: rotarypower101