Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor We designed a better phone dock for the Model S & X. Here's how, and why.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually I found it but why do I need to buy Tesla quick connection dock, when your phone dock is essentially the same. Is there some parts that are required that only tesla provide for this?

The case friendly docks we make do not come with charging cables.
Therefore, it's required to either use the cable included with Model S/X Quick Connection Phone Dock or the obtain the Model 3 cable which works for our Model S/X docks. Hope that makes sense. Let us know if you have questions.

The premium machined versions of case friendly dock and guides are now available for V2 consoles.
Premium - Model S/X Quick Connection Case Friendly Phone Dock
[URL='https://www.helloskyline.com/']Tesla Accessories | Skyline Products[/URL]

Dock_1.JPG
Guide_1.JPG

any idea if this will fit the iphone xs max with case?

The iPhone Xs Max has a width of 77.4mm according to the Apple website. Most cases are less than 3mm thick all around, so in total that would be about 83.4mm wide with a case. Our guides support a max width of 85mm, so this should fit.

Worst case scenario, if fitment does not work out for your exact application, we will gladly setup a return & refund for your order.

• Informative
Reactions: skyline
The iPhone Xs Max has a width of 77.4mm according to the Apple website. Most cases are less than 3mm thick all around, so in total that would be about 83.4mm wide with a case. Our guides support a max width of 85mm, so this should fit.

Worst case scenario, if fitment does not work out for your exact application, we will gladly setup a return & refund for your order.

I have a 6s plus with a case and it's a tight fit in the premium charger cradle. The 6s Plus is 1/2 mm wider than the Xs Max.

BTW the QR code on the box takes you to a page that doesn't exist. I was able to figure out how to install it OK though.

Just a shout out to Skyline...

I ordered the kit for my MS before it arrived. The kit arrived first.
I went to the SC to pick up cables (they gave them to me for free, but YMMV.)

Once the S arrived, the dock was the 2nd thing I installed (after the cubby by Norm.)
The instructions on the box did not work - their URL has changed, but even their instructions on the website were not that helpful.

Once I found my trusty Philips screwdriver, installation took about 10 minutes.
Figuring out how to get the side panels in was the hardest, but after about 5 minutes they were in securely.

As to the product, it works. I have a Pixel 2 in a case, and it works.
It has gotten easier to slide in as the days have gone by.

Overall the location of the dock is not a good visibility option for the driver - the phone needs to be further forward to be useful.
The Skyline products are VERY well made, and I have no problem recommending them to anyone.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
BTW there developed an issue with one of the guides (I may have overstressed it with my iPhone Plus in a big fat thick rubbery sticky wallet style case always going in and out), so I reported it to them just for their data and, lo and behold, a brand new pair of guides magically showed up in my mailbox yesterday for Free.
Thanks Skyline!!!!

• Love
Reactions: skyline and P85_DA
Just a shout out to Skyline...

I ordered the kit for my MS before it arrived. The kit arrived first.
I went to the SC to pick up cables (they gave them to me for free, but YMMV.)

Once the S arrived, the dock was the 2nd thing I installed (after the cubby by Norm.)
The instructions on the box did not work - their URL has changed, but even their instructions on the website were not that helpful.

Once I found my trusty Philips screwdriver, installation took about 10 minutes.
Figuring out how to get the side panels in was the hardest, but after about 5 minutes they were in securely.

As to the product, it works. I have a Pixel 2 in a case, and it works.
It has gotten easier to slide in as the days have gone by.

Overall the location of the dock is not a good visibility option for the driver - the phone needs to be further forward to be useful.
The Skyline products are VERY well made, and I have no problem recommending them to anyone.

Thanks all for the support on all of our products. Please know we always welcome feedback on our products and will do everything to make users 100% satisfied. Also, we're always open to new avenues for product development and hope to make products you guys need and want so feel free to share out pain points or issues you experience. Our product development is lead by the Tesla enthusiasts feedback - we're here to support.

• Love
Reactions: hiroshiy and P85_DA
Thanks all for the support on all of our products. Please know we always welcome feedback on our products and will do everything to make users 100% satisfied. Also, we're always open to new avenues for product development and hope to make products you guys need and want so feel free to share out pain points or issues you experience. Our product development is lead by the Tesla enthusiasts feedback - we're here to support.

Okay, I have a product suggestion.
Your current product is wonderful, but tries to be a jack of all trades to make things easy for everyone.
But nobody else will EVER use my phone dock, so I don't care about them, I care about me.
I love my wife, and she may drive our Tesla any time she wants, but she has an iphone, and the dock is setup for my Pixel.

So, instead of having rubber flaps pushing my phone towards the middle of the dock in the hope that the charger port will line up with the cable poking up, give me hard, metal guides.
Make the side slots have a smooth, metal guide instead of a rubber flap, and make the guide adjustable with a screw mechanism from the top. This will make my phone fit in EVERY time.

I have no problem getting tools out should I get a new case, or a new phone. But I want an EXACT fit on my phone EVERY time, not just some rubber guides that really just stop the phone from wobbling once I have slotted it in place.

I would like to point out how well your current product is made, I just want something more exact.

• Helpful
Reactions: skyline
Okay, I have a product suggestion.
Your current product is wonderful, but tries to be a jack of all trades to make things easy for everyone.
But nobody else will EVER use my phone dock, so I don't care about them, I care about me.
I love my wife, and she may drive our Tesla any time she wants, but she has an iphone, and the dock is setup for my Pixel.

So, instead of having rubber flaps pushing my phone towards the middle of the dock in the hope that the charger port will line up with the cable poking up, give me hard, metal guides.
Make the side slots have a smooth, metal guide instead of a rubber flap, and make the guide adjustable with a screw mechanism from the top. This will make my phone fit in EVERY time.

I have no problem getting tools out should I get a new case, or a new phone. But I want an EXACT fit on my phone EVERY time, not just some rubber guides that really just stop the phone from wobbling once I have slotted it in place.

I would like to point out how well your current product is made, I just want something more exact.

Nick,

Thank you for the honest feedback! We are always looking to improve our products, and we will certainly take note of your suggestions for future design changes. This is something we had considered previously, but we weren't sure if users would be annoyed with having to manually adjust the guides. We will keep looking into this!

Thank you,
Skyline

Reactions: hiroshiy