Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We expect your delivery in 3 - 6 weeks (LR AWD)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered on 7/14. White on white, 20" wheels no FSD.

I tried calling the number provided but couldn't get a hold of anyone. I emailed my sales advisor, before I placed my order he respond within 10 minutes. Now it takes him ~10 days to respond to my emails...

Also my trade in quote expired on Sunday and they asked me to provide my new odometer reading yesterday.

Just got my new trade in offer for my M3, last month it was $33,300. Now they offer $30,400 my odometer only went up ~1,000 miles.

Just got my new trade in offer for my M3, last month it was $33,300. Now they offer $30,400 my odometer only went up ~1,000 miles.
That's not encouraging. I my SR+ offer will expiry by end of this month. I have zero idea of delivery schedule or VIN or MVPA since mid July. if they knock mine back by a few thousand dollars I will not be happy since the original offer was already extremely lowballed due to the $13000 incentives in my province.

That's not encouraging. I my SR+ offer will expiry by end of this month. I have zero idea of delivery schedule or VIN or MVPA since mid July. if they knock mine back by a few thousand dollars I will not be happy since the original offer was already extremely lowballed due to the $13000 incentives in my province.

Exactly.

I know cars will depreciate over time and I expected to get a slightly lower offer after 30 days but $2,900?!

Completed my order for Model Y today. My trade-in offer from Tesla is $34,600 for a Blue LR RWD with 47,000 miles and aftermarket Tesline wheels. It was higher than vroom's $34,500 (initially $34,000 but they increased it 2 days after the original offer) or Carvana's $31581. In addition, by having Tesla take it as a trade-in I save $2595 in sales tax (7.5% x 34600) since I only pay sales tax on the difference between sale price and trade-in allowance. Tesla's trade-in offer was good until Sept 12th. The other offers were only good for a couple days.

Completed my order for Model Y today. My trade-in offer from Tesla is $34,600 for a Blue LR RWD with 47,000 miles and aftermarket Tesline wheels. It was higher than vroom's $34,500 (initially $34,000 but they increased it 2 days after the original offer) or Carvana's $31581. In addition, by having Tesla take it as a trade-in I save $2595 in sales tax (7.5% x 34600) since I only pay sales tax on the difference between sale price and trade-in allowance. Tesla's trade-in offer was good until Sept 12th. The other offers were only good for a couple days.

Mine is 2018 Blue LR RWD with EAP and 19" wheels, no aftermarket accessories, 27,000 miles. I get 30,400 from them?!

At this point I feel like they see I already completed my delivery steps with loan etc, they're trying to lowball me with my trade in and think I will just take it.

Last edited:
I received my VIN today ending with 25729. I ordered the car on July 31st and was told the car I'm getting was "Factory gated" July 8th. Any clue what this means and if I should be concerned? Thanks!
I was curious and did a search. There appears to be a bit of speculation as to what that means. But I found this article - Elon Musk ordered Tesla engineers to stop doing a critical brake test on Model 3s and the quotes from Tesla seem to me to indicate it simply means the vehicle is done, including any repair, and "out of the gate".

The employee Business Insider spoke with said the factory-gate distinction is important. They said it means the company most likely reached its goal by finishing cars that had already been through the production line the previous week but were held back for rework, then readying them for factory gating.

Arnold disputed that notion, saying Tesla has been consistent in how it reports its numbers.

He said: "A small number of cars are built during a week but factory-gated the following week, just as a small number of cars built the prior week may not be factory-gated until the following week. Both of those points are true for this last week of production, just as it is true every week. We are reporting our production numbers the same way as we always have."

Check Carvana too, as I just had a GREAT experience with them and I got over $37K for my SR+ without AP.
sick offer! That is several thousands more than my 2019 SR+ Blue, 18's + FSD only 18000 miles that Tesla offered me. In Quebec they play low ball because of the huge $13000 incentives and they know you save a huge portion of the 15% sales tax on trade-in.

I was curious and did a search. There appears to be a bit of speculation as to what that means. But I found this article - Elon Musk ordered Tesla engineers to stop doing a critical brake test on Model 3s and the quotes from Tesla seem to me to indicate it simply means the vehicle is done, including any repair, and "out of the gate".

The employee Business Insider spoke with said the factory-gate distinction is important. They said it means the company most likely reached its goal by finishing cars that had already been through the production line the previous week but were held back for rework, then readying them for factory gating.

Arnold disputed that notion, saying Tesla has been consistent in how it reports its numbers.

He said: "A small number of cars are built during a week but factory-gated the following week, just as a small number of cars built the prior week may not be factory-gated until the following week. Both of those points are true for this last week of production, just as it is true every week. We are reporting our production numbers the same way as we always have."
Thanks, I still don't really get it and understand if it's a bad thing or what. They just called and said I can pick it up this Saturday, fingers crossed!

I received my VIN today ending with 25729. I ordered the car on July 31st and was told the car I'm getting was "Factory gated" July 8th. Any clue what this means and if I should be concerned? Thanks!

In the Tesla Model S Forum I found a posting that said that "Factory Gated" means that the car has finished production and is ready for transport.

“Factory Gated” - Post COVID production restart

This article is FUD. Most OEMs die the brake roll test so they don’t have to test drive to confirm setup. During the time the article written Tesla was test driving all Model 3s. The brake roll test was a simulation that was redundant. www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/2018-tesla-model-3-brake-roll-test/

Got an update this morning asking me to schedule delivery for Sep. 5-7. Still no VIN or MVPA

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 5.58.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-20 at 5.58.31 PM.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 83