Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We know how the Tesla community would react

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s a really a good deal if one has a tighter budget for an EV.
F5B18ED6-00AA-4150-AB2C-3117D8555D4D.jpeg

Attachments

• 67C91CF7-1B59-42B3-BC75-AD7F2EEA1995.jpeg
    67C91CF7-1B59-42B3-BC75-AD7F2EEA1995.jpeg
    265.7 KB · Views: 50
The problem is Tesla brought this on themselves. As soon as they started refunding $5k to owners of the P3D (don't know if there were other instances before that), any time there is any type of reduction, then owners would expect the same type of treatment for their situation.

I know my LR RWD is cheaper now than when I purchased but I have been able to enjoy it for the past year (ignoring their FSD fiasco). Pricing changes on anything you buy and sometimes you make out and some times you don't. When I bought mine, if M3s were sold through traditional dealers, they would have likely had "market adjustments" on the price adding who knows how much.

61095641755863563369.jpg

The problem is Tesla brought this on themselves. As soon as they started refunding $5k to owners of the P3D (don't know if there were other instances before that), any time there is any type of reduction, then owners would expect the same type of treatment for their situation.

I know my LR RWD is cheaper now than when I purchased but I have been able to enjoy it for the past year (ignoring their FSD fiasco). Pricing changes on anything you buy and sometimes you make out and some times you don't. When I bought mine, if M3s were sold through traditional dealers, they would have likely had "market adjustments" on the price adding who knows how much.
I think most of it is transparency. Nobody goes to their dealer every week after buying a car and seeing what price they can get. With Tesla the prices are right there to see.

When did Tesla give 5K refunds to P3D buyers, and can you provide more information? I only know about refunds for returning Free Unlimited Super Charging.

I have a P3D and a Bolt Premiere (leased). The Bolt is actually a great car. The problem is it was priced too high. Especially now that you could get a Model 3 around the same price. An 11K price drop makes a lot of sense. The Bolt has Carplay and a 360 birdseye view camera which is super useful. Really wish my 3 had those features.

Reactions: seanr and bro1999
A lot of it comes down to expectations

With traditional manufactures and dealers I expect to get screwed. So much so that I really should bring lube anytime I buy a gas car.

With Tesla I expect a certain stability to the price, and the expectation that for the most part we all paid the same. Sure I can understand a dealer demo's, and maybe occasional sales levers with free goodies.

Part of why I have a Tesla is I didn't want to go through the hassle, and frustration of trying to not get screwed. So that was an attractive element to Tesla.

When did Tesla give 5K refunds to P3D buyers, and can you provide more information? I only know about refunds for returning Free Unlimited Super Charging.

Ha, I made the same mistake a couple months back when I called the $5K a refund and completely forgot about the fact that I had to give up Free supercharging.

The reason was the actual value of free supercharging was psychological, and not in dollars. In actually dollars I'd never use more a few hundred worth during the entire ownership of the car.

• Love
Reactions: UTMB