Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

We want some Model 3 Leaks, renders, sketches !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These are electric cars. They can do a lot of design and testing indoors. Not only that but they could place components in a model S, Nissan Leaf, ect and no one would ever know. Remember the Dodge Caravan during the model S design that tesla was using?

These are electric cars. They can do a lot of design and testing indoors. Not only that but they could place components in a model S, Nissan Leaf, ect and no one would ever know. Remember the Dodge Caravan during the model S design that tesla was using?
Actually it was a Dodge Magnum.

The reason why Apple is more leaky is because they have to prepare accessory makers beforehand (iPhone cases are a very common leak source). Also Apple uses a contract manufacturer in China. Tesla is far more vertically integrated.

Actually it was a Dodge Magnum.

The reason why Apple is more leaky is because they have to prepare accessory makers beforehand (iPhone cases are a very common leak source). Also Apple uses a contract manufacturer in China. Tesla is far more vertically integrated.

Also, Apple doesn't reveal until either at launch time or with just enough time to get FCC approval. They'd rather show off their products early than have them seen via the FCC.

Tesla gets to do most of the building of the car in secrecy thanks to no emissions, then unveil more than a year before launch, mostly because they have to start testing camouflaged cars on real roads. If they didn't do a reveal on March 31, they could probbaly make it until next spring before people started spotting them, but they WOULD spot them, and take pictures. They reveal now not only to take money, but to show off basically what the car will look like before mules are spotted. Then they save the FULL reveal until before launch.

From Tesla on Facebook.

image.jpeg

And in case anyone is wondering, the silhouette is just a Model S, unless the Model 3 has the same shape, which I doubt

(i just cut out the MS and pasted it over the silhoutte, perfect match)

Noticed that too, seems highly likely that a 20% smaller car has the same width and height. We'll just have to wait a bit longer, maybe Elon has some mysterious tweets in store for us.

I gues all the crazies who were sure Tesla would only show a "picture" of Model 3 at the reveal based on his sleepy response to a attendee in Paris a couple of month ago have left the building?

Man that was really annoying to read time and again when history proved that Tesla always shows running prototypes at reveals. Model X prototype was real and drivable. Model 3 will be the same if not better.

We good now? :)

I gues all the crazies who were sure Tesla would only show a "picture" of Model 3 at the reveal based on his sleepy response to a attendee in Paris a couple of month ago have left the building?

Man that was really annoying to read time and again when history proved that Tesla always shows running prototypes at reveals. Model X prototype was real and drivable. Model 3 will be the same if not better.

+1000

We still have a live one spouting same in another thread. :(

I did a quick scan and didn't see anyone else post this article yet.

Tesla Model 3 unveiling event will feature functional prototypes, not pictures

It seems to confirm that there will be working prototypes at the reveal. Apparently some media outlets also received invitations yesterday and the invitations stated "Those prototypes should [...] be functional, too. Press will be able 'to take a quick spin in what we’ve been working on,' Tesla says."