Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weather Package worth it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The seat warmers are in all Model S in the front seats.... the cold weather package adds....

Heated Steering wheel, rear seat warmers, heated washer nozzles, heated mirrors, heated landing area for the wiper blades.
In NJ that is a nice thing to have.

You can prewarm the interior via the app but when under way, the heated seat warmers and steering wheel make for a very
comfortable interior with lower electrical usage from the traction battery. This spring I did not need to run the heater at all. The heated seat and steering wheel did the trick for me.

I think the heated steering wheel is the bee's knees. Between that and the seat heater, I find the need for prewarming to be minimal. It takes a lot less power to warm just the seat and the wheel, so it can make a difference to your usage. Also, the wiper warmers can really help in bad conditions.

I'd get the cold weather package again without hesitation.

I spent a month in CO this winter and rarely used the cars heater, instead I relied on the seat and steering wheel heat to be comfortable, saving a lot of energy usage. I live in Northern FLA and while we rarely ever see freezing temps the seat heaters keep me warm on those very cold nights we do get.
the benefits as enumerated above IMHO make the package useful, especially in colder climates.

The heated steering wheel alone is worth the price of the cold weather package. Before my heated steering wheel my hands stayed cold long after the rest of my body was warm. Driving with gloves is not an equivalent solution, either.

I want every future car I own to have a heated steering wheel.