Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weatherproof box for UMC?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

m3gt2

Sep 14, 2015
england
So now it seems that we may be able to travel, assuming it remains safe, I am looking for a weatherproof box to cover the UMC if I charge it on an electric hookup at a caravan site etc. Can you recommend one that is the correct size and suitable please? Thanks

I've suggested before - a bucket and a brick or a Tesco carrier bag.
I've had a rodent deterrant thingy net to wife's car for 6 mths. It's plugged into an extension reel and a carrier bag over the lot. And this i Wales. Still dry under there.

Reactions: m3gt2
I've suggested before - a bucket and a brick or a Tesco carrier bag.
I've had a rodent deterrant thingy net to wife's car for 6 mths. It's plugged into an extension reel and a carrier bag over the lot. And this i Wales. Still dry under there.
It has crossed my mind before but I thought for less than £15 is it worth risking the UMC that would cost many times more to replace

The large box might seem a bit 'large', but the UMC cables are not that flexible so I think the medium box would be too small. This is especially the case with the 32A commando adaptor. I also cut a small 'flap' in the lid (see below) to accommodate the charge cable without it bending too much and/or distorting the lid. Here a couple of photos.

Dri-box-lid.jpg
Dri-box.jpg

Reactions: m3gt2