Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weekend Socials

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I looked for you there BTW. They did have valet parking but no charge although tips appreciated of course. Think the lady valet said they were out of San Francisco and not Tesla employees. Well staffed. The area at Seaside there really doesn't have much of a parking lot and what they did on the side there was blocked off for the roadsters and Jon and Franz's cars. Our car was valet'd across the street in another's building lot.

I was kind of surprised by the location, more industrial. Wondered if it was one of the original showroom/service centers along the coast. Very nice and clean inside and good to know about the afterhours lounge area access if we're back in that area at night needing a charge.

I looked for you there BTW. They did have valet parking but no charge although tips appreciated of course. Think the lady valet said they were out of San Francisco and not Tesla employees. Well staffed. The area at Seaside there really doesn't have much of a parking lot and what they did on the side there was blocked off for the roadsters and Jon and Franz's cars. Our car was valet'd across the street in another lot.

I was kind of surprised by the location, more industrial. Wondered if it was one of the original showroom/service centers along the coast. Very nice and clean inside and good to know about the afterhours lounge area access if we're back in that area at night needing a charge.

Actually I didn't get an invitation to this one, although I couldn't have made it anyway due to a prior commitment. I have yet to figure out how Tesla issues invitations to these things, to me it's another mystery like how they decide which cars get a new firmware update. I would like to believe that someone took notice of the Half Moon Bay fiasco and made sure that things went smoothly at Seaside.

I've charged at Seaside a few times. It's a fairly new location (opened...last year?). I understand it can get pretty busy at times, although that's not been the case the times I've charged there.

Bruce.

• Informative
Reactions: Blu Zap and SMAlset
I was wondering if because we tried RSVPing to the Half Moon Bay one and we didn't get in before it "sold out" we got included on this email list. We also live further south of you towards the south bay so that might have been a factor. They definitely had enough food and drink and we had eaten a late lunch at Calif Pizza Kitchen in Monterey in case food ran out LOL being close to dinner time.

Having more superchargers in Monterey now should help.

I was bummed to miss the event. I got two reservations secured but my son had some unexpected health issues so no go. Curious to know what they have out in swag bag or if they will have s model 3 there Sunday?

Sorry you couldn't make it. Family does take priority and hope your son is okay. Don't know what Jon and Franz's plans were for today. Franz drove up with his family to be there and I think he said take in some of Monterey Car Week. Saturday Tesla Seaside had the store and chargers closed for the event. Quite a bit of set up. Assume everything is back to SOP today. The swag bag :), it was a customized canvas bag with Tesla Monterey Car Week on it. There was a Tesla travel water bottle, a Tesla designed Wilnsdorf black scarf, and a neat white glossy embossed Tesla cardboard artist's portfolio case "envelope" (with Tesla red interior) that had a large heavy stock cardboard color 11-1/2 x 16-1/2 print of some of Franz's early Model S and X designs on it. Had him sign one and had Jon sign my husband's. BTW Smorgasbord posted more pics under the Roadster thread you might enjoy checking out. Private Owners Reception at Tesla Monterey 19Aug2017

Last edited:
Reactions: bmah
I never seem to get emails about these events. Are they opt-in?
Not sure how you get on (or off!) the mailing list, but weekend socials are open to all owners. You do have to RSVP at the link below since some locations have limited capacity.

I stopped getting the invitation emails after attending a couple of the events. My guess is that they might want to keep bringing new owners in and rotate the attendance. But I do have the link bookmarked, and check occasionally to see if there's an upcoming event:

Tesla Social Series | Tesla

Note that it currently shows the October schedule, where the events were on the weekend of the 14th-15th (i.e. more than 2 weeks ago.) The page seems to get updated about a week or two before the next event occurs, but the schedule isn't regular or predictable. When will the next event be? Soon! ;)

Edit: I guess we're talking about the "special" invitation-only receptions, like Half Moon Bay or the Seaside opening, and not the Sunday morning cars-and-coffee socials at the Tesla stores. Each time I've tried to RSVP for the special events, it was too late and they were already full. No idea how you get chosen for these; I recall there was speculation about picking owners who had made a lot of long-range trips so they could share their experiences, but only Tesla knows for sure.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: e-FTW and bmah
Since I'm in the Bay area and a lot of you guys on this thread are too, I just noticed today that in the SF area, there's a December 7 RSVP event posted now. Space limited. This is at Tesla San Francisco Van Ness from 6-8pm.

"We are excited to invite you and one guest to an exclusive evening at Tesla San Francisco.

During the event, you will have the opportunity to learn about the latest Tesla updates, experience a test ride in Model X or Model S, and enjoy a private food and wine pairing from Long Meadow Ranch."

In SF there's also a 11/30 event at lululemon on Grant specifically for the Model X. Given they are also featuring a complimentary yoga class afterwards I'm guessing it's geared towards moms and guess that makes sense given the X is a SUV for families.

Here's the Events page link for more info on events in your area: Events | Tesla

BTW on the question of how you get the emails for these events, as I recall I did sign up for email notifications at the above link after we had purchased our car. This is different than the Weekend Socials.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: e-FTW and thecloud