Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird bigscreen behavior on startup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two times recently (both since I got V7.0) I have encountered a strange behavior when getting in and starting the car after it being parked for several hours.

The wake up is slow, but when the big screen does show up, it has multiple windows open and multiple selections have been made. I didn't think 'stacking of windows' was even possible - but I have the 'About your Tesla' window, the Homelink, the HVAC control window, navigation, media all open at once and I have to go through repeated clicks on the 'X' to close them all. Also the temps had changed, the seat heaters were on etc.

When the car was parked, none of these were set or open, I didn't do anything like cleaning the screen - the car was parked and untouched in the garage until I approached and sat down to see all this.

Once I closed and reset everything back to normal, there were no additional problems.

Anybody else seen this - could it be a problem with the big screen hardware itself in some way? Or maybe just software?