Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird horn issue and service disappointment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have an odd issue w/ my model 3 horn that I almost couldn’t make up.

When temperatures are anywhere near freezing, my low tone horn does not work. The high tone works and sounds like a golf cart. When temperatures are under 30f the horn doesn’t work at all.

I called Tesla service over a month ago and the parts are still on order. It’s frustrating because just last week someone started cutting into my lane and almost hit me, thankfully the horn worked. Not knowing if the horn is going to work until you need it is really frustrating. I’ve voiced my concern to my service rep and he said he “escalated” the order, which was over a week ago.

• Informative
Reactions: jsmay311
I have an odd issue w/ my model 3 horn that I almost couldn’t make up.

When temperatures are anywhere near freezing, my low tone horn does not work. The high tone works and sounds like a golf cart. When temperatures are under 30f the horn doesn’t work at all.

I called Tesla service over a month ago and the parts are still on order. It’s frustrating because just last week someone started cutting into my lane and almost hit me, thankfully the horn worked. Not knowing if the horn is going to work until you need it is really frustrating. I’ve voiced my concern to my service rep and he said he “escalated” the order, which was over a week ago.

I had mine replaced at the Service Center about 3 weeks ago. Same problem.

Has worked great ever since.

• Informative
Reactions: tonman and Dre78
I recall this being an issue for many on TMC. It's likely backordered since it's such a widespread issue. Don't know what else to say...
thanks! I did a quick search before posting but didn't see much. The Tesla rep also didn't mention they've had a ton of these issues. He almost sounded like he thought I was crazy until the mobile service tech came out for an unrelated issue and confirmed what I was saying.

Reactions: Dre78