Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Weird Rectangle like scratch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FF975B25-2F9F-4CA5-AC25-722CCDA3268F.jpeg
E0F00FE0-3862-4037-A185-1348B14BF878.jpeg
Hi, Tesla Community
So I just noticed last night a weird rectangle like scratch on my model S on the upper right portion of the screen. I have not banged anything or even hit the screen but out of nowhere this pops up. When I pass my nail over it to check to see if it’s a scratch, my nail just glides over it like a normal scratch-free screen. I don’t know what happened but I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this. I don’t want to take it service because my warranty is already over. If anyone has any suggestions on what to do or how to help me or if you have experienced something like this, I would appreciate the help.

Attachments

• 9F5D576A-9C63-47D8-93B9-CC88AE1DBC56.jpeg
    9F5D576A-9C63-47D8-93B9-CC88AE1DBC56.jpeg
    613.6 KB · Views: 62
In here, we prefer a more technical term called "bubbles"!

It's well known defect as your glue leaks out which is displaced by bubble.

Since you no longer have warranty coverage, it'll cost you thousands of dollars.
Thank you for the reply!
I was thinking it looked like a bubble. Is this something that has to be repair or can I just ignore this?

Thank you for the reply!
I was thinking it looked like a bubble. Is this something that has to be repair or can I just ignore this?

I don't know about repairing the glue. It's between the screen layers, lamination. So the least you can do is to replace the screen only, not the whole computer and the screen.

If you ignore it, the glue just keeps on leaking and make a big sticky mess down below it.

I guess as long as you can use it with the sticky mess, you don't have to fix it.

I don't know about repairing the glue. It's between the screen layers, lamination. So the least you can do is to replace the screen only, not the whole computer and the screen.

If you ignore it, the glue just keeps on leaking and make a big sticky mess down below it.

I guess as long as you can use it with the sticky mess, you don't have to fix it.
Damn, then I guess I will be making a trip to the SC.
Thanks for the help!