Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Went 0 For 2 trying to do Screen Protector and Console Wrap today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was applying the Abstract Ocean Screen Protector, following their YouTube video, and the corner shattered and then split throughout as I was "hinge-ing" it backwards to take the back ... emailed them and quick reply are sending me a new one thankfully.

Then proceeded to screw up the White Satin Console Wrap and it was a total loss...the piece around the cup-holder was maybe OK, but then on the next piece it folded against itself at the edge on top and I couldn't get it recovered. Got pissed and yanked the whole thing off...sucks to blow $40 on a wrap that is now garbage. I guess I have an extra of the top piece (above phone chargerS) for the next set in case I screw it up too.

Guess I don't have the patience to do it... or need to have a drink first?

Question is, are the different brands of wraps pretty much all the same, or are there some that are easier to install/different or better material that won't get "wonky" easily. I really would like to have a White console to match the rest of my white interior (and get rid of the piano black fingerprint collector).

At least I was successful doing the new Brighter AO LEDS in the Trunk/Glovel Box, Door and Footwells and replace the Trunk/Frunk struts for full auto open, so not a total wasted day.

Thanks
SW2

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA and Dana1
sorry to hear about your experience.
I'd say most brands are pretty much the same just because they all tend to use 3M 1080 Vinyl.

If you're interested, I've got an extra set of satin white center console from AO I never installed because I went with a different color.
$20 to cover material and shipping.

That’s why Evannex sends out 2 of every piece in their sets of vinyl wrap cuz I’m sure there are enough people screwing it up the first time applying the vinyl. You can spray or spritz a little rubbing alcohol on the surface before applying the vinyl to be able to move the vinyl around on the surface without it sticking. Put some rubbing alcohol on your fingers too to prevent it from sticking to you.

• Helpful
Reactions: Sherlo