Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Don't blow your $ on accessories before delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered mud guards, rear door PPF, console tray, floor/frunk/trunk mats, vent covers, and sunshade months before getting our Y and used everything. The only item I didn’t need and returned was the pull-out cargo cover for the trunk. Lift gate glass is so dark that I can’t see what’s in the trunk anyways.

Reactions: Wattsisname
I didnt order anything until my car was in hand. Waited to see what I actually needed vs. what I actually wanted. That said, I ended up buying a bunch of stuff....

Mats, mud flaps, front/A-Pillar/Rocker PPF, key fob (this is an under rated accessory!), cup holder insert, console trays, homelink, NEMA adapter bundle, jack pucks, front license plate holder, power frunk, trunk storage bins, winter tires, screen protector, tire totes, rear bumper trunk ppf, chademo adapter (I know its almost obsolete, I just like having options!).

I slowed down over time... much of that was in the first month with other stuff trickling in over the past year. Only thing I see myself buying in the near future is a CCS adapter from Korea, as I said, I like having charging options.

I suggest looking at what everyone else bought and getting the most common items (if anything).

I didnt order anything until my car was in hand. Waited to see what I actually needed vs. what I actually wanted. That said, I ended up buying a bunch of stuff....

Mats, mud flaps, front/A-Pillar/Rocker PPF, key fob (this is an under rated accessory!), cup holder insert, console trays, homelink, NEMA adapter bundle, jack pucks, front license plate holder, power frunk, trunk storage bins, winter tires, screen protector, tire totes, rear bumper trunk ppf, chademo adapter (I know its almost obsolete, I just like having options!).

I slowed down over time... much of that was in the first month with other stuff trickling in over the past year. Only thing I see myself buying in the near future is a CCS adapter from Korea, as I said, I like having charging options.

I suggest looking at what everyone else bought and getting the most common items (if anything).
Ah yes, the trunk cubby bins/covers for each side are great!

Mats, mud flaps, front/A-Pillar/Rocker PPF, key fob (this is an under rated accessory!), ...
What makes you such a fan of the key fob? I'd love to hear a good argument for it, I've just never been in a situation where I felt like I could have benefited from it. My home is keyless too, so I love the aspect of not having any sort of keys or keychain in my pocket.

What makes you such a fan of the key fob? I'd love to hear a good argument for it, I've just never been in a situation where I felt like I could have benefited from it. My home is keyless too, so I love the aspect of not having any sort of keys or keychain in my pocket.
Agreed. See no reason to carry a Matchbox car in my pocket if I don’t need to.

• Funny
Reactions: cusetownusa
Well it is my money so imma make it rain over at RPM Tesla if I feel like it.
If I were to rank the most useful accessories I've purchased the top five in order are:
Matte screen protector
Homelink
The side cubbies
All weather floor mats
Cup holders insert

Whats especially nice about the cubbies are the top pieces that sit flush with the rest of the floor in the rear.

Reactions: SL77 and goitsme48
Well it is my money so imma make it rain over at RPM Tesla if I feel like it.
If I were to rank the most useful accessories I've purchased the top five in order are:
Matte screen protector
Homelink
The side cubbies
All weather floor mats
Cup holders insert

Whats especially nice about the cubbies are the top pieces that sit flush with the rest of the floor in the rear.
Side cubbies? have the link? Thanks!!

To me, it really depends on your experience with the phone key. I've never had issues using my iPhone, but for whatever reason at least a few times per week my wife's iPhone wouldn't automatically unlock the car when she approached. She eventually just bought the key fob. She keeps it in her purse and it works 100% of the time.

Reactions: msee67
Side cubbies? have the link? Thanks!!
They're the Tesla made trunk storage bins

I've heard they're also deep enough to hold a bottle of bourbon and keep it from sliding around.

I highly recommend getting a screen protector. It's the first thing I installed on my MYP. You can find good quality options in the $20-$30 range that will prevent what could be a $1,000+ repair of a chipped or cracked screen. It's basically unnoticeable once installed, prevents glare, and it doesn't attract fingerprints and dust as easily as the bare screen does. There's no good reason not to get one.
Just my opinion: I think the matte screen protector makes everything fuzzy and actually adds glare to the screen so I decided against putting it on my new car. It's good at hiding fingerprints though. Perhaps I was lucky but there wasn't a single instance where I felt it protected the screen on my previous car.

Just my opinion: I think the matte screen protector makes everything fuzzy and actually adds glare to the screen so I decided against putting it on my new car. It's good at hiding fingerprints though. Perhaps I was lucky but there wasn't a single instance where I felt it protected the screen on my previous car.
I'm sure the specific brand plays a role to some degree, but @Wattsisname only wanted to discuss the topic on principle. I imagine most people never experience any sort of accident, but the screen protector is basically like insurance; you don't need it until you do. I can just picture my cufflink knocking into the screen while in a hurry...

I also went with a clear rather than matte screen protector. It works really well and I have never had an issue with glare so far. I think the matte one making everything fuzzy will cause glare at more angles than the clear one, where the sun has to be directly reflecting into your eyes.

I also went with a clear rather than matte screen protector. It works really well and I have never had an issue with glare so far. I think the matte one making everything fuzzy will cause glare at more angles than the clear one, where the sun has to be directly reflecting into your eyes.

As for other accessories, I think floor mats and trunk mats are a must. I got 3D spider knockoffs (without any logo) and I've been very happy with them.

So far I have never dropped my car out of my pocket. And have a no rock throwing policy in the car. I really didn't see a need for a screen protector I've never protected any of the other screens, mirror or glass on the inside of any car and they've been fine.
Also what's up with @Jonte73 disagreeing with every @Wattsisname post. Even a thank you so weird haha.
I think his rude (trolly)) posts were removed to an appropriate thread. I had given a few of them the thumbs down. So he went back through my posts and gave each one a thumbs down. Go figuer🤔

• Funny
Reactions: OliverM3

As for other accessories, I think floor mats and trunk mats are a must. I got 3D spider knockoffs (without any logo) and I've been very happy with them.
Thank you. I was concerned about a loss of sharpness with a matt screen. I am more concerned about damage that glare.

I have nearly 30 years of accident free driving but I have broken two iphone screen before having time to fit protectors. I can'timagine hour the touch screen would get broken but I'm sure I would find a way,

Thank you. I was concerned about a loss of sharpness with a matt screen. I am more concerned about damage that glare.

I have nearly 30 years of accident free driving but I have broken two iphone screen before having time to fit protectors. I can'timagine hour the touch screen would get broken but I'm sure I would find a way,
Apologies for the multiple typos aboooove🙄

Mostly it pairs well with the auto frunk. Also, the ability to lock your phone in the car. Its easy to toss to someone with no instructions (unlike the key card).

Opening the the trunks can be done easily by feel, no need to whip out a phone. Like if I want to open the frunk and both the key fob and phone are in my pocket, I can pop the frunk in literally 1 second with the key fob. The phone means I have to take it out of my pocket, unlock it, click a hot key, then press "ok" for confirmation.

also it looks cool... you can play with the little matchbox car if you want ;)