Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Westchester County/Southern Fairfield County Dinner/Meet UP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So upshot of the entire episode is my MS is getting a brand new battery via the 'no fault battery warranty', although in this case, the battery was damaged by TM techs during a service visit. They still are unsure what happened, but believe a relay in the battery pack was fried when the 12V battery was swapped out (and they confirmed that as the reason I still had vampire drain after 5.8, i.e. a bad 12V battery). The relay cannot be replaced because of the design of the battery pack, which I found interesting. I should have the car back tomorrow.

The SC manager said I am getting an 'updated battery model', which when I asked what that meant didn't really elaborate other than saying, 'newer is better' :). The SC team worked almost through the night on Friday, and all day Saturday. Also still unsure what 5.82 is, and the SC wouldn't elaborate on the update. I asked if it brought back the air suspension lowering at highway speed but they were unsure.

@wormhole so glad Brett and his team turned this around for you quickly!

It was both Brett and Fremont apparently, although given the time difference Brett and his team were literally there until i think 11 or so on Friday night. Its interesting how they call in Fremont on big issues and they can remotely diagnose things.

I think Brett was especially bummed given the SC just opened and I was one of the first services they did, that they effectively bricked my car :). Not an auspicious beginning LOL. But he was very nice about it, and there was nothing I could do. One thing is they still don't have loaner cars there. Brett said he had one P but the rear tires were shot and given the weather he didn't want to give it to me. Overall a minor annoyance with a favorable outcome.

EDIT: Oh, and the reason for the quick turnaround is because both Milford AND White Plains had a couple of battery packs in stock...otherwise they would have had to ship in from somewhere else...