Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A nice bonus for sure, but it could be tricky since most hotel pools do not have changing facilities.

Really? I think most do, or at least washrooms by the pool, which works fine. Just take a bag and keep your cloths beside the pool while you swim.

I'd actually prefer is there was a small fee to swim since I don't like to free load and it makes me feel better if I am least paying my way. I guess I could always offer to pay but that's awkward.

Really? I think most do, or at least washrooms by the pool, which works fine. Just take a bag and keep your cloths beside the pool while you swim.

I'd actually prefer is there was a small fee to swim since I don't like to free load and it makes me feel better if I am least paying my way. I guess I could always offer to pay but that's awkward.

They didn't explicitly say it was free, just that they would be offering "drop in swimming" for any Tesla owners. I think that if we are not staying there, it would be appropriate to charge us for swimming. Even having access to the pool when we are not staying is a great offer.

They didn't explicitly say it was free, just that they would be offering "drop in swimming" for any Tesla owners. I think that if we are not staying there, it would be appropriate to charge us for swimming. Even having access to the pool when we are not staying is a great offer.

I agree. I was responding to this:

The Golden SuperCharger opened recently at our Travelodge on HWY 1. They are very EV friendly and generous to boot! From what I understand, you get to use the pool free while you wait for your charge.

Glad to see the progress in Canmore but I hope this is not another Hope, BC with utility redtape! I have been trying to coordinate a grand opening of a SC on Alberta but Tesla opened up Red Deer quietly. I will try my hardest to get someone from Tesla to come down to do a formal launch as this would be a fantastic opportunity to raise public awareness and further galvanize the rapidly growing EV community in Alberta! PS please join our Alberta EV club called EVAA. Fb.com/groups/yycEV and @pluginAlberta

Cheers,
Maciej Bialy

Electric Vehicle Assn. of Alberta - Founder
National Drive Electric Week 2014 Calgary - Organizer

Last week, I completely a spectacular ski trip from the BC Coast to Revelstoke, Kicking Horse (Golden), and Sun Peaks (Kamloops). On the way back, I took the "back way" through Pemberton and Whistler (though did not ski W-B since it was raining hard!). So, I used all 5 BC Superchargers on one trip! The high point of the trip was the one day I drove over to Golden from Revelstoke (and back) to ski for the first time at Kicking Horse. Wow! That place has some of the best views I have seen at any N.A. ski area, and the best snow I have enjoyed this very warm and weird winter (sorry Easterners, I know it is quite different there!).

Here are some pics of the Supercharger at Golden and my spectacular day at Kicking Horse:
IMG_4737.jpg
IMG_4738.jpg
IMG_4731.jpg
IMG_4734.jpg
IMG_4726.jpg

Last week, I completely a spectacular ski trip from the BC Coast to Revelstoke, Kicking Horse (Golden), and Sun Peaks (Kamloops). On the way back, I took the "back way" through Pemberton and Whistler (though did not ski W-B since it was raining hard!). So, I used all 5 BC Superchargers on one trip! The high point of the trip was the one day I drove over to Golden from Revelstoke (and back) to ski for the first time at Kicking Horse. Wow! That place has some of the best views I have seen at any N.A. ski area, and the best snow I have enjoyed this very warm and weird winter (sorry Easterners, I know it is quite different there!).

Here are some pics of the Supercharger at Golden and my spectacular day at Kicking Horse:
View attachment 72479View attachment 72480View attachment 72481View attachment 72482View attachment 72483

Beautiful, Vger, this will be another trip to put on my list that you have inspired! I would love to make some turns with you someday! We are also having record warm weather in Montana, " Weird" is the word around here, too! Rain and snow are generally not in the same forecast however this year it's been the norm!

Plans changed - no longer going to Golden this weekend but will go to Canmore today for the weekend. Looks like we are staying at the same hotel the Supercharger is at so will be taking photos!

EDIT: I spoke to the front desk and they said they thought it was "flipped on" yesterday! Will know tonight unless anyone in Canmore wants to check it out?

Last edited:
Of note: While Tesla just announced that they have opened over 2,000 Superchargers worldwide today: 2,000 Superchargers | Tesla Motors Canada it is also worth noting that there is one scheduled for Edmonton in 2016! With Calgary and Edmonton Superchargers that will really open up travel between the two cities - hopefully the Calgary and Edmonton chargers are near the Airports which are both located close to the main highway connecting the two cities.

Also nice to see the route south from Calgary into the US open up so we can drive to Phoenix now if necessary.

Even Winnipeg gets charging but still no love for Saskatchewan :(

2015-02-27_18-59-44.jpg

What would you like to see first? North/South corridor (up from the US) to Regina / Saskatoon, west to Calgary or east to Winnipeg?

Personally I'm hoping for building from west to east. I wouldn't mind being able to get to Regina from Vancouver while still in Canada. Perhaps if we can get enough people to agree we could do some suggested locations to Tesla as a group.