Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm glad you were able to get somewhere with that. Like I said, when I got there the lady working the front desk asked around with her other staff and told me it did not belong to one of their guests. I'm still thinking I need to print up some cards to leave on their windshields. :mad:

I'm glad you were able to get somewhere with that. Like I said, when I got there the lady working the front desk asked around with her other staff and told me it did not belong to one of their guests. I'm still thinking I need to print up some cards to leave on their windshields. :mad:
Must have been different staff, I described the car and they immediately knew whose it was, apparently it's a long term guest there, they say earlier in the week he was blocking the fire hydrant and the garbage bins, so really he's just a jerk. They called his room immediately and he was moving the car before I got back to mine.

Maybe just call the tow company and he'll learn his lesson if there are actual consequences for iceing, blocking a no parking zone/hydrant or taking a handycap parking spot. The tow companies are ruthless in Vancouver. Try parking on Broadway eastbound Mon-Fri rush hour for even 10 minutes pass 3PM...a ticket and tow to the yard.

Some are free, others not. Typically, they are free when they first go live, then as usage increases they switch to a 0.35/kWh rate. Victoria, Nanaimo and Merritt have the fee while Duncan, NorthVan and Squamish are no cost.

In either case, download the geeenlots app to your smartphone and set up an account to use them.

Some are free, others not. Typically, they are free when they first go live, then as usage increases they switch to a 0.35/kWh rate. Victoria, Nanaimo and Merritt have the fee while Duncan, NorthVan and Squamish are no cost.

In either case, download the geeenlots app to your smartphone and set up an account to use them.

Thanks for the information. I wish I could download the CHAdeMO adapter to my smartphone so that I could use them!

I note that neither of these list a kW rating. be advised that many of these sorts of units are turned way down and my not provide any better charging than a CS-100 anyway...

Kelowna Supercharger Construction Update - 26 December 2015

Hummmmm,

The transformer for the Kelowna Supercharger is connected to power and humming along quietly. Foot prints in the snow indicate that it was connected just before Christmas. No sign of power at the charging equipment and the wrapping is still on the stalls.

Looks like it is waiting for a Tesla Supercharger tech to stop by and commission the equipment.

Parts of Kelowna are on Fortis, parts are on BC Hydro. The Tesla supercharger is in Fortis territory.

Having said that:

It's Christmas Time!

View attachment 104601

View attachment 104602

View attachment 104603

Showed up sometime since Sunday. Front of cabinet is not padlocked, meter is unpowered. Given my conversation with the contractor back at the start of construction I will be pleasantly surprised if it is just a matter of connecting cables. It was unclear if there was enough power in the area to feed this load and the nearest high tension line is about half a kilometre away on Springfield.
Well THAT's exciting!! Thank you for posting that.

I'm quite certain it's out of Tesla's control at this point.
Well, from what I can see, having actually visited the site and talked with people working on the site, what is left to do is to commission the equipment, and that's Tesla's job to do. Construction is visibly complete (at least outside the charger enclosure which was still wrapped the other day) and there is power to the Fortis transformer.

Do recall that it is the Christmas holidays, and reasonable companies who appreciate their employees tend to be more lenient with family time over last week and this week. It's not like a delay of a week or so in starting up a new supercharger is critical at this point.

But, who knows, maybe it (the supercharger) is up and running as I write.

Well, from what I can see, having actually visited the site and talked with people working on the site, what is left to do is to commission the equipment, and that's Tesla's job to do. Construction is visibly complete (at least outside the charger enclosure which was still wrapped the other day) and there is power to the Fortis transformer.

Do recall that it is the Christmas holidays, and reasonable companies who appreciate their employees tend to be more lenient with family time over last week and this week. It's not like a delay of a week or so in starting up a new supercharger is critical at this point.

But, who knows, maybe it (the supercharger) is up and running as I write.

I'll defer to you then. I was just guessing based on what happened in Hope but it seems things are proceeding differently in Kelowna based on what those on site told you.

IMG_20151230_144249.jpg

90A @ 390V, but the battery is 3/4 full (300 km RR).