Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is about 50KM from Kelowna SC to Vernon, so why don'y you have a full charge leaving Kelowna and drive north to Vernon which will take about 35-40 minutes and go have breakfast/brunch at Denny's and use the Pacific Inn or Best Western Tesla wall charger that is rated at 80 amps.

After your meal you should have a full charge if you have the high amp charger or 40Km of range back with the standard 48amp charger. Just a suggestion and call ahead to make sure if the charger is free and if it's okay for you to use if you're not staying there.

It is about 50KM from Kelowna SC to Vernon, so why don'y you have a full charge leaving Kelowna and drive north to Vernon which will take about 35-40 minutes and go have breakfast/brunch at Denny's and use the Pacific Inn or Best Western Tesla wall charger that is rated at 80 amps.

After your meal you should have a full charge if you have the high amp charger or 40Km of range back with the standard 48amp charger. Just a suggestion and call ahead to make sure if the charger is free and if it's okay for you to use if you're not staying there.

I did think of that, but when I called the Best Western Pacific Inn, they said it is only for hotel guests. No can do. I don't know where else to charge in Vernon.

I was thinking of having lunch at the Predator Ridge and charging there. This would reduce my stress.

Anyone have a Chademo adapter they would like to lend me for ten days?

I'm making same trip in my X60D in July and am worried about the Kelowna to Revelstoke portion and whether I can make the range. Can you post your stats? I only have 320km rated range and I know it's uphill.

It will be my first road trip.
If you are charged leaving Kelowna, you should have no problem reaching the Revelstoke supercharge. The actual distance is around 200 km (a bit more from my house, probably a few km less from the Kelowna supercharger). I measured this trip at 39 kWh in June 2014 with our 2013 S85.

You don't get very high travelling from Sicamous to Revelstoke. I think you top out at Eagle Pass (550m). You also hit that elevation travelling from Kelowna to Vernon. The road from Vernon to Kamloops through Falkland is actually 300 m higher. It's just that Three Valley Gap gets a lot of snowfall in the winter, in part because it is so low.

The biggest concern on the Kelowna to Revelstoke route is the traffic on Hwy 1 and road blockages due to slides (winter and spring) and construction in the summer (now).

One of the best L2 chargers in the province is outside the library in Sicamous if you get there and are feeling anxious.

Reactions: 1.21 Jiggawatts
If you are charged leaving Kelowna, you should have no problem reaching the Revelstoke supercharge. The actual distance is around 200 km (a bit more from my house, probably a few km less from the Kelowna supercharger). I measured this trip at 39 kWh in June 2014 with our 2013 S85.

You don't get very high travelling from Sicamous to Revelstoke. I think you top out at Eagle Pass (550m). You also hit that elevation travelling from Kelowna to Vernon. The road from Vernon to Kamloops through Falkland is actually 300 m higher. It's just that Three Valley Gap gets a lot of snowfall in the winter, in part because it is so low.

The biggest concern on the Kelowna to Revelstoke route is the traffic on Hwy 1 and road blockages due to slides (winter and spring) and construction in the summer (now).

One of the best L2 chargers in the province is outside the library in Sicamous if you get there and are feeling anxious.

Man this forum is awesome. Tips from fellow owners are so useful. On plugshare, I only see the charger at the visitor centre (one plug only). I will try to find the one at the library, but I don't remember seeing it. What kind of charger is it? J1772?

Man this forum is awesome. Tips from fellow owners are so useful. On plugshare, I only see the charger at the visitor centre (one plug only). I will try to find the one at the library, but I don't remember seeing it. What kind of charger is it? J1772?
Don't look too hard - they are one and the same! It's a J1772. More details on PlugShare. We have dual chargers in our vehicle so we can pull the full 80A - nice to have back before superchargers; not so critical these days.

I did think of that, but when I called the Best Western Pacific Inn, they said it is only for hotel guests. No can do. I don't know where else to charge in Vernon.

I was thinking of having lunch at the Predator Ridge and charging there. This would reduce my stress.

I have a Chademo you can use for the trip if it would help.

20170618_032818.png
20170618_032113.png

@rainforest apparently the one in kal tire is located inside a bay and only available if the bay is unoccupied during business hours only.
These are Sun country charges.

Last edited:
View attachment 231723 View attachment 231724

@rainforest apparently the one in kal tire is located inside a bay and only available if the bay is unoccupied during business hours only.
These are Sun country charges.

The hotels are generally only for guests, but I never saw the "Chase Equipment" charger. Let me look it up.

Do I need to sign up for Sun Country to use these? I'm not sure what that is. Thank you for the tips, though.

The hotels are generally only for guests, but I never saw the "Chase Equipment" charger. Let me look it up.
Do I need to sign up for Sun Country to use these? I'm not sure what that is. Thank you for the tips, though.

Electric Vehicle (EV) Products and Services | Sun Country Highway
J1772..I know most are in the hotels. I have a Coffee and my son an ice cream in the cafeteria , no one has ever objected or unplugged me so far. No need to sign up for suncounty.

We made a trip from Van. to Calgary in 2013 with my Tesla S60 .and back. Although we have to spend night at Ravelstoke and back in Kamploops .In 2013 there were only no. 2 chargers only.Going to Calgary was little scary but coming back was no problem. Started from Burnaby fully charged at 329 kms to Hope had lunch and charged 70A to Merritt.Coffee stop then to Kamploops. Stop for 30 mins and to Chase. Full charge 70A charger. to Ravelstoke. There at Best Western spend night and charger Sun County 30 A OVER NIGHT and then to Golden .Had lunch and then to Canmore. Afternoon coffee and to Calgary. You should not worry now as we have Superchargers. Calgary had nothing. Luckily there at University had level 2 chargers installed still tied .I was the first one to use. Good Luck

Be cautious about relying on the Chase Equipment unit. I understood the location was closing in the spring... not sure it will still be there!

While Sun Country does sell some sort of interface to require a transaction to get one of their units going, I have yet to see one in the wild. Every Sun Country charger I've seen simply requires you to plug in! :)

Yes I have one available. PM me.