Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Supercharger discovered. Thx to discord user TheKrs1 for info & picture (he submitted to supercharge.info). Southgate Mall - Whitemud and 111 St, Edmonton, Alberta!

tbxk2E7.png

I'd say that's quite a surprise considering that the new outlet mall on Hwy 2 just south of the Edmonton International Airport was a more probable location.

The South Gate Mall has the same owner as the Crossiron mall near Calgary that also hosts a Supercharger, so perhaps it was a package deal. What's perplexing to me is why the mall's owner, Ivanhoe Cambridge, AKA la Caisse de dépôt du Québec, doesn't have any Superchargers as well at its Québec or Ottawa properties.

What's perplexing to me is why the mall's owner, Ivanhoe Cambridge, AKA la Caisse de dépôt du Québec, doesn't have any Superchargers as well at its Québec or Ottawa properties.
Why is that perplexing? They likely have EV chargers at some of their properties, especially their office buildings, as that helps them obtain a higher LEED certification. But SCs are built and owned by Tesla, not Real Estate owners and operators. IMHO large shopping malls or downtown office buildings are not ideal locations for SCs - small strip plazas located near fast food places are better locations and these are more likely to be owned by someone like Riocan rather than Ivanhoe Cambridge.

Edmonton.... Southgate?
I think anything just off the highway southbound close to Ellerslie Road exit would be a great location to fill up when you are leaving Edmonton. Lots of hotels (Four Points, Best Western etc.).

Did you mean southgate or Southgate ? o_O This mall used to be the south gate to Edmonton but that was 30 years ago or more.
Now it's a good 7 km north of Ellerslie rd through about 4- 5 traffic lights at 60km/hr streets.
Not too convenient for the traveling public passing through....., but I will never complain about getting a SC ;)

Did you mean southgate or Southgate ? o_O This mall used to be the south gate to Edmonton but that was 30 years ago or more.
Now it's a good 7 km north of Ellerslie rd through about 4- 5 traffic lights at 60km/hr streets.
Not too convenient for the traveling public passing through....., but I will never complain about getting a SC ;)
So my odds of guessing it correctly were double? :)

I was at the Hope supercharger tonight talking to another Tesla owner who was charging, when a person walked by us from the hotel across the street to some work vehicles and construction materials in the parking lot. After he got what he needed from his vehicle, he walked by us to return to the hotel -- at which time he told us that construction starts early tomorrow on expansion. Four more to be added to the middle of the lot. He said he's worked on all of them in BC and people always come by and ask questions, and take pictures, and that happened a lot in Kelowna. I asked him where he's working next after Hope but he said he didn't know yet.

I'm charging in Hope now, and the guys are working on the expansion. You're correct, four more chargers, ready in a few weeks.

I was at the Hope supercharger tonight talking to another Tesla owner who was charging, when a person walked by us from the hotel across the street to some work vehicles and construction materials in the parking lot. After he got what he needed from his vehicle, he walked by us to return to the hotel -- at which time he told us that construction starts early tomorrow on expansion. Four more to be added to the middle of the lot. He said he's worked on all of them in BC and people always come by and ask questions, and take pictures, and that happened a lot in Kelowna. I asked him where he's working next after Hope but he said he didn't know yet.