Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Western Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I heard from a Tesla guy that it's actually a municipal/district zoning screw-up holding up the show. Apparently the parking lot isn't actually zoned to be a parking lot, and I guess BCH won't install anything until that's resolved.

Mid November? Really? That is really poor customer service on BC Hydro's part. That's 2 months after completion for service hook up. They should be embarrassed.

Nothing embarrasses BC Hydro. They're "on track to lose billions this year" of taxpayers and ratepayers money but still hand out "extremely large pay increases, with president Charles Reid making 7.7% more than last year, for example. Furthermore, bonuses as high as $90,000 for higher-ups are raising serious questions. "...

Bloated BC Hydro Salaries Point to Mismanagement

If that doesn't embarrass them, failing to hook up the Supercharges for a couple of months surely won't.

Very unfortunate if the Hope SPc will not be operational until mid-Nov.
Have to wonder what the timeline will be for the other BC Spc's and if the Alberta hookups will be any quicker.

The TESLA 2014 scheduled Spc roll out for Western Canada does not look good.

So, what's the probability that Tesla Superchargers in Canada will be operational according to the "2014" map?

My estimate is that the probability is 0, plus or minus exactly 0. You could call me a pessimist.

So, how shall we entertain ourselves in the meantime? How about a poll as to when Hope will be operational? Give it to the week. For sake of argument, say that weeks start on Monday.

I say it will be in the last week of November, i.e. between the 24th and 30th.

So, what's the probability that Tesla Superchargers in Canada will be operational according to the "2014" map?

My estimate is that the probability is 0, plus or minus exactly 0. You could call me a pessimist.

So, how shall we entertain ourselves in the meantime? How about a poll as to when Hope will be operational? Give it to the week. For sake of argument, say that weeks start on Monday.

I say it will be in the last week of November, i.e. between the 24th and 30th.

I call you a realist.

I'll take the week starting Nov. 10.