Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

what 2nd SUV do you own right now that complement with model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have a Chevy Traverse which is the poor mans Enclave. It’s great. It’s about as much interior space you can get with going to a full on truck suv like a surbuban. The third row is actually decent and it’s not terrible to drive. I’d love a model y, but would lose quite a bit of functionality, plus the costs is feasible right now.

We first saw the Acadia in 2007; GM had one parked outside the exit of the Test Track ride at EPCOT. Came home and ordered one right away - our son had just been born and we were looking to exit a Nissan Altima whose crash test results were.... dire.

That Acadia led to an Enclave which led to another Enclave which - if the deer hadn't intervened - we'd still have. But now it'll become a Model X. The X is a downgrade in a few ways - cargo room, interior and some creature comforts (rear seat HVAC controls, cooled seats, etc).... but such an upside in so many other ways. :-0

I give GM a lot of credit - it's a well designed vehicle. The Enclave/Acadia/Traverse trio - all of them - are solid. If they can stick an electric powertrain in it.... that thing has a LOT of potential.

Reactions: Jeff Davlt
2019 Tahoe

7CF26B96-4A04-4A6F-9E46-5454195D7136.jpeg

Reactions: mrau
2020 GX460 , perfect for long family trips with the occasional 3rd row seat usage. Great at eating gas about 13mpg average with the V8 it comes with. M3P is our everyday car.
It's amazing how awful of gas mileage big Toyota trucks/SUVs get. Our Tahoe got about 22-23 driving back from Milwaukee to St. Louis over the weekend.

I know it's all about how you drive it and city vs. highway driving, but man, what a difference.

It's amazing how awful of gas mileage big Toyota trucks/SUVs get. Our Tahoe got about 22-23 driving back from Milwaukee to St. Louis over the weekend.

I know it's all about how you drive it and city vs. highway driving, but man, what a difference.

Indeed. I had a Tundra and now on my 2nd Sequoia, a 2016 4wd 5.7L. Bone stock it got 16 on long road trips. NC to FL, NC to St Louis and IL. Surprised that GX isn't a little better than that.

We have a wedding coming up now and had 2 Model 3 (AWD & P3D). The P had about 50k on it. The AWD had under 10k. The AWD was about 16 months old. It was just not being driven enough for the cost. When she bought the 3, she was driving much more, but then moved her position fully remote start of 2019. But the Finace really misses her 3.

But we said we wanted a fun car still. She wanted a convertible. I wanted a truck. And wouldn't you know that, it exists now! I had my eye on a Gladiator for some time and leasing them was stupid competitive (their residual is insane).

So our SUV is now a convertible pickup! The bed is awesome for the moderate amount we will use it. Having two 3s, it was getting very old how the simplest things in the car would not fit. We got sick of renting a truck, borrowing SUVs, having to return something in the store since it wouldn't fit and had to ship it, etc.

We would have gotten a Y, but no competitive leasing and with her only driving 8k or so a year, costs could not be justified.

We love it! Bed is small (I used to have a F150), but plenty for us, and with a tonneau cover, the bed makes a huge trunk!

20200615_175835.jpg

2014 GL450. I got it used a few years ago. We have three young kids, and the GL has a great third row big enough for even adults. The infotainment is archaic, but I use my phone. My only regret is maybe not holding out for a used 550, which for that generation were hard to come by back when I was buying.
Assuming the Merc lasts, I'll keep it another 15 years or so and replace with a performance electric sedan like a Model S. I'm not spending money on another SUV unless I have to.

We have a 2018 Lexus RX450h, perfect vehicle to pair with the Model 3 in my opinion. In a way it has everything that the Tesla is missing; superb build quality, heated steering wheel, cooled seats, ground clearance, heated wipers that actually cleans the windshield in the winter, amazing customer service to name a few. Infotainment system is frustrating but they fixed it in the 2020 models by adding CarPlay and making it a touchscreen. Despite being a tall vehicle that weighs over 5000 lbs, we still get 30 mpg.

Our model x replaced our 2011 rx 450h
We still have it, and my daughter drives now.
Can’t bear to sell because it’s a great car.
It has an ev mode but only goes 1 mile. I was hoping eventually to convert to a plug in hybrid, but when I called Lexus, they said hydrogen was the future.