Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Aftermarket Accessories are needed for the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The only necessary accessory is an outlet, preferably 220 volt on a 50 amp circuit breaker. It's all I've used for six years. No bike rack or phone holder/charger is really necessary, and my phone holds enough charge for two or three days, unlike some iPhone stuff I've seen. I guess it's how you grow up, needing things.

I don't know how complicated it would be to remove the cover but I assume that it might not be designed
to just pop up and you may need some tools and remove some clips.

So I was thinking to try to remove the battery cover to access the battery, then I would install the above
extension cable from the battery to the frunk, and put back the battery cover.

So if I'm stranded, it would be easy to recharge the 12 Volt battery, using a portable battery,
especially at night, or in a rainning day, or if someone else like my wife was expereincing this issue.

Hi - did you ever do this ?

>> NeverFollow said:
>> I don't know how complicated it would be to remove the cover but I assume that it might not be designed
>> to just pop up and you may need some tools and remove some clips.

Hi - did you ever do this ?
In fact, it's very easy to remove the battery cover on the model 3:

Model 3 - Removing 12 V Battery Cover .jpg

One item that I ordered recently was a multiple 12 V plug with USB sockets witch also contains a 12 V digital voltage display.

61HleYf4mEL._SL1500_.jpg

I'd recommend considering the 3TRAY premium center console organizer. There are many similar products out there, but I think you'll find the 3TRAY to be the highest quality and the best fit.