Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What Aftermarket Accessories are needed for the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two essentials in my opinion:

1) The Sunshade that Tesla sells which fits in the first roof panel. After 6 weeks of driving I ordered this and it is a big improvement.
2) Center Console wrap (RPMTesla sells them but others can do it too). The black gloss that is stock is way too scratch prone and finger printy.

Reactions: Jimmy 1
Since the Model 3 is my daily driver, I couldn't stand the wimpy cheap looking wood strip on the dash and had to give it a makeover. The inside trims were a bit too vanilla for me and I opted to give it a pop and sporty race feel like my Euro cars. I commissioned to have a Carbon Fiber dash strip and steering wheel to match. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I love it. Gives a nice glossy contrast to a muted interior.

Attachments

• IMG_2183.jpg
    IMG_2183.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 1,680
Reactions: oldtrip
Since the Model 3 is my daily driver, I couldn't stand the wimpy cheap looking wood strip on the dash and had to give it a makeover. The inside trims were a bit too vanilla for me and I opted to give it a pop and sporty race feel like my Euro cars. I commissioned to have a Carbon Fiber dash strip and steering wheel to match. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I love it. Gives a nice glossy contrast to a muted interior.
I like it!

Reactions: gemmisa
Thank you! Btw I found a keycard holder that looks promising. Will share a photo when mine arrives. I mentioned on another thread that I had the 3M crystalline tint. That was a total game changer. If you don't already have it, I highly recommend. Exterior wise, I had a full 3M wrap color change and chrome delete.
What did the tint run? Shop location? Noticed your in L.A.

Reactions: Dog lover 1
We need a magnetic phone mount that extends from the back of the screen. Someone else used one with a arm that bent into place but maybe a flat piece that could be either suctioned or double sided tape that just extends out would be better.
Check out rammounts.com and look through components to build your own. Make sure everything is on the same size ball. I'd recommend 1" for a phone. I've made some pretty badass custom phone mounts to hold my phone in front of the A pillar in other cars. They have really good suction cups and plenty of random sized bases with different screw hole patterns and even many different styles and sizes of clamps. Probably the best way to mount to the back of the M3 screen would be the with one of the medium-largish bases with a flat bottom that you can use double sided tape with. If you want to mount to the windshield, there's a double suction cup base in there somewhere that I'd recommend for longer posts to reduce vibration. It's kind of big so it won't work everywhere and you might not like how it looks. But it's the most stable suction cup mount that I've ever found. It wouldn't surprise me if it works on the back of the screen. I shoved it as far down as possible on the left side of the windshield in our G37 and then connected two of the arms together with a double 1" ball to get the phone mount right in front of the A-pillar.

One more tip... find the components that you want on their website and then type the part number into Amazon. They're cheaper more often than not.

I'm still new to the M3 so I'm going to wait a little while to see if I get used to the factory location.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: TaoJones and Fusion