Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are the odds that ventilated seats are coming in 6 months?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On another thread someone said that employees in Burbank told him a major refresh is coming this February with "many" changes.

Given that Tesla must know people have been asking for ventilated seats since the car came out in 2012 - do you think this might be the time?

It's something I'd wait 6 more months for living here in So Cal. Have wanted these on a car for years.

On another thread someone said that employees in Burbank told him a major refresh is coming this February with "many" changes.

Given that Tesla must know people have been asking for ventilated seats since the car came out in 2012 - do you think this might be the time?

It's something I'd wait 6 more months for living here in So Cal. Have wanted these on a car for years.

+1

Anyone have inside tips/rumors/etc?

FWIW, desiring ventilated seats is one thing -- the implementation that a mfgr takes with them -- at least for me -- is equally important.

e.g. I had heated/ventilated seats in my former 2013 Lexus RX450h as an option to go along with the premium perforated leather seats. The 3rd Gen RX implementation essentially used the flow of HVAC air going under the front seats to the back floor as it's primary means of air transport, with an additional 0-3 setting on each seat to effect the amount of cooling. For a majority of drivers over on the Club Lexus forum like myself, ventilating the front seats even at maximum had minimal effect unless a cardboard/foil/duct tape DIY was put in place to divert more air up underneath each front seat by taking it away from the back seat area. I honestly believed the 3rd Gen RX ventilated seats was the greatest fail on my previous ride. I've had varied results on other cars I've rented with the option over time as well, I suspect also because of different implementations by different mfgrs.

Here's hoping Tesla implements ventilated seats that really work, if they elect to ever provide them in MS.