Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are the QUIETEST 19” tires for aftermarket wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a set of 19” wheels from EVwheeldirect and I can’t seem to find any place that sells the standard foam lined 19” tires that Tesla uses.

What tires are people using? I’m in Atlanta so not worried about snow. Ride quality and noise is most important. I know Michelin Pilot Sport 4s is highly regarded but I’m worried since they are summer tires and will probably wear a lot faster.

Let me know what tires you have and if you’re happy!

Check out Pirelli P7+ and Bridgestone QuietTrack.

The Pirelli P7+ were awesome on my Model 3. Some of Pirelli tires are labeled "EcoImpact" which means Quiet, High Efficiency, High Tread Life. I've not seen a side by side of P7 and QuietTrack but the QuietTrack is a similar "Target" tire. No noise suppression foam lining to have to deal with either. You don't need no stinking foam.

Note, you give up some on wet traction/braking for these other parameters.

The P7+ was rated the Quietest 19" tire that fit Model 3 by users on Tire Rack which is how I picked it out. There still is not enough reviews on QuietTrack to see user numbers yet. Couple members have bought the QuietTrack, try a search for that.

I also just got 19" Pirelli Scorpion Winter tires for my Model X (Tesla Snow Tire Package), also labeled EcoImpact and they seem great so far and live up to the EcoImpact label. No foam on these either and they are quieter than the 20" Foam lined Continentals. In fact tire noise is no longer the leading source of noise, wind is. With OEM 20" I can hear tire noise.

What are the stock 19” tires? I’ve seen mixed things on the forums

Continental Conti-silent

Continental ProContact RX

EBEA71B4-6B5C-4FEE-B56A-33738801A311.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm trying to find a tire to pair with my new VMR V710 19 x 8.5 wheels (24.5 lbs ea.) and want to keep the combined wheel/tire weight to no more than stock 19's and tires (48.4 lbs).

Has anyone tried the Continental PureContact LS 235/40 R 19 (96V)(all season tire) (UTQG: 700 AA )(23.4 lbs) ?

It appears to have good wet and dry traction (approaching the Continental ProContact RX 235/40 R 19, 96W, UTQG 400 AA)?? with a same tire weight, but the PureContact only has a V speed rating (149mph), which is far more than I need.

I like the specs of the ProContact, but need more than 20-25K miles real world tread life. I have winter tires, so don't need an all season tire, but want good performance and tread life, combined with a lower weight tire.

Has anyone tried the Continental PureContact LS 235/40 R 19 (96V)(all season tire) (UTQG: 700 AA )(23.4 lbs) ?

I like the specs of the ProContact, but need more than 20-25K miles real world tread life. I have winter tires, so don't need an all season tire, but want good performance and tread life, combined with a lower weight tire.
A summer only tire has softer compound and will effect range and have tread life. I'm replacing OEM rubber with QuietTracks. I also looked hard at the PureContact LS and that would be my second choice if QuietTracks were not available. Tread wear for QTs is rated at 80K miles - even though we all know no Model 3 will most likely ever see 80K usable miles.

I'm replacing OEM rubber with QuietTracks.

It looks like in TireRack's testing, the PureContact LS did better in both dry and wet testing.
I'd like the increase tread life of the QuietTracks, but can't handle the increase tire weight for 235/40 R19 size (PureContact LS = 23.4 lbs, QuietTracks = 28 lbs).
Are you concerned with increasing the wheel/tire weight above stock?

It looks like in TireRack's testing, the PureContact LS did better in both dry and wet testing.
I'd like the increase tread life of the QuietTracks, but can't handle the increase tire weight for 235/40 R19 size (PureContact LS = 23.4 lbs, QuietTracks = 28 lbs).
Are you concerned with increasing the wheel/tire weight above stock?
Not really - especially if I decide to get aftermarket wheels that are less weight than OE. I also don't drive with excessive weight in the car. (no kids, pets, spare tire, tools, etc...)

I have Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus 2 and it's very comfortable and quite. I went with slightly oversized 245/40/19 to prevent curb rashes.
That’s the tire I recommended a year ago. Except it looks like a new Rev of it.

I plan to get what ever tire Pirelli makes that fits my Model X and never go near anything Continental makes ;).

People are putting way to much emphasis on weight vs compound. Compound is everything. Grip, dry, wet, snow, stopping, efficiency, tread life, noise, everything. Pick your compound.

Is the P7 Plus2 in 18" size (235/45/18) made with the required load rating for a 2021 M3 LR? Some folks say to buy a tire with the same rating as the stock MXM4s, but maybe the car doesn't need it that high. I was under the understanding that as long as the load rating is equal or more than half the largest axle weight rating, you'd be fine, but not sure about that.

I plan to get what ever tire Pirelli makes that fits my Model X and never go near anything Continental makes ;).

People are putting way to much emphasis on weight vs compound. Compound is everything. Grip, dry, wet, snow, stopping, efficiency, tread life, noise, everything. Pick your compound.
I have had terrible experiences with Pirelli and they come OE on my current & past 911s and '21 Cayenne. I can't wait to burn 'em up and switch to Michelin.

Compound is important.