Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are those lines above the defroster lines on the back window of the M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I brought my car into the tint shop to get the back window done, surprise my car was previously tinted (bought a 2020 used M3P from Tesla). The shop told me that someone removed tint before and there was still glue on the sides.

They said it would be an extra $50 charge to clean the glue off and that the lines above the tint were damaged. They told me that they don't know what those lines are but my defroster lines look fine, they have done a lot of M3's before and are an authorized XPEL installer. They already shrink'd the back piece and are waiting on me to get back to them about the installation. I paid for the tint already, and the sides are already installed.

Just wanted to get the communities opinions to understand what those lines are for and if I need should consider getting new glass/trying to warranty it. Attached is the area I am talking about. Sorry the photo is bad, I'll post another later if people request, but it essentially looks like the defroster lines everyone posted that are missing chunks.

Attachments

• IMG_1514.jpg
    IMG_1514.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 232

Looks like the rear window glass is the FM antenna.