Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What are you going to dump.....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model S 60kwh 2014.
The model S is awesome, but back in 2014 I could only afford a base model with supercharging. With the price increase over the years, the model S has grown totally out of my price range.

Im pretty sure a 2018 decent specced model 3 will surpass my 2014 base model S in most ways (bigger battery, AWD etc. etc.)

It depends on what the Mercedes Benz dealer where I leased a 2014 smart electric drive wants to do when its lease is up. I'm not sure what they'll be able to do with an EV with 70 mile range and 16,000 miles on it, considering the Bolt will have been out for about a year, and the Model 3s are starting to roll out. If I can convince them to sell it to me for a reasonable price, I'll just keep it. Otherwise, that's the one that goes.

2004 Jaguar XJR with 110,000mi (summer car). I love the car, and have room to keep it, but I just won't continue paying the state the ridiculous registration fees. MI charges based on new car MSRP.

Depending on what the final production will look like, I'll trade in my 08 Mazda Miata PRHT. She's been very faithful since I bought her new. She's got 235k km's on the clock now. By the time I'm ready for a Model 3, she'll probably have 280-300k. I'm hoping I'll be able to get a slightly revisioned 3 by the time I'm ready to take the plunge. :)

We plan to "dump" our 2010 Prius (and keep our 2012 Plug-in Prius). Prius' have been excellent and the "greenest" cars that we could afford at the time. (Our first Prius, an '02, was our first hybrid. Also an excellent car.)

2006 Kia Spectra5, it's doing okay, but my wife would really like to have collision avoidance and adaptive cruise control. We would prefer a hatchback, but since we are in the high 300,000s for our reservation, she should be able to get a chance to drive the basic model a bit. Maybe even rent one for a week or two. I did that with a Torus a long time ago and really hated the car after two weeks. Maneuvered like a cow with three legs!