TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

What are you going to dump.....

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Riche64, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Riche64

Riche64 New Member

Just for fun, assuming you will be replacing a car with your new model 3, what car are you going to replace and why?

I have been a Honda owner for a while. Currently thinking to keep my 2014 Pilot as I need to be able to pull a boat and small trailer around. May consider selling a 14 CRV as it will be getting up there in miles by that point. I may decide to keep the CRV or get a dedicated winter car as Minnesota winters and road salt just destroy cars. Ideally I would keep the Tesla off the roads between Dec, and Feb.

2. hckyplyr

hckyplyr Member

Mercedes CLA 250. Good car but I want a Tesla.

• Like x 1
  3. 206er

206er Member

We'll be dumping a '14 Acura ILX. Leased it after our Civic was totaled in an accident, then purchased it after the lease expired late last year while waiting out our Model 3. We are a 1-car family in Seattle, and have high hopes for the 3 to function as our lone car. We currently have 1 car seat in the ILX, and are hoping that the 3 will be able to eventually fit 2 car seats without problem.

• Like x 1
  4. 03DSG

03DSG Member

Keeping '14 Ford Escape Titanium AWD. Adding the M3 as a second car.

5. JohnSnowNW

JohnSnowNW Active Member

M3 will be DD, and replace the LEAF. Plan is to get a nearly fully loaded M3, no plans to treat it any differently than we would another vehicle.

6. JPP

JPP Active Member

...maybe my 2013 S85...

7. JoaoD

JoaoD Member

My Toyota Yaris with an amazing power output of 69hp!
    But would still prefer a smaller vehicle than the Model 3.

8. shrspeedblade

shrspeedblade Member

My 2016 Volt, although I may keep it if I go the lease route with the Model 3.
    My Miata has served me faithfully for 14 years and I see no reason to get rid of such a wonderful weekend toy, especially one that in so many ways is the complete opposite of the Model 3.

9. Kira

Kira Member

Though I'd like to dump it, we are likely keeping our Hyundai Entourage minivan for our teenager to eventually use. He, on the other hand, has informed us that he's using his paper route earnings to put down a deposit on a Model 3 of his own. :rolleyes:

10. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

Who says I have to dump anything... just buying a three car garage instead. It happens to have a new house attached as well, so I guess that's cool.

• Like x 2
  11. mrongey

mrongey Member

My check engine light on my 94 honda civic dx I was hoping to make last until my model 3 went on last week so I decided it was time to stop pouring money into it. So now I'll be replacing a 97 honda civic ex.

12. pinski

pinski Not Ludicrous

Will just be adding it to the fleet.

13. DarthPierce

DarthPierce Member

I'll be dropping my Subie WRX STI. I'm thinking my daughter can enjoy similar amounts of "roller coaster" while getting substantially better than 20 MPG (e). Keeping the Forester for the cargo space, ground clearance, and towing.

14. osu_cowboy_007

15. Holmank

Holmank New Member

2013 Infiniti M37x.... keeping the 11' Highlander until the Model Y comes out.

16. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

2009 328xi xDrive. :)

17. Dan Detweiler

Dan Detweiler Member

My 2012 Volt will become my 15 year old son's transportation once my Model 3 is in the garage. It has been a great car and I feel really good about it being his first. Plus...it's paid for!!

Dan

18. daniel

daniel Active Member

Until there are superchargers on the secondary roads that take me up to my summer hiking locations in Canada, I need to keep the Prius for those trips. And I have only a two-car garage. So I will have to (very reluctantly) trade in the 2010 (2.5) non-sport very orange Roadster.

With dual Performance motors, the M3 should still be really fun to drive. Just not as nice looking.

19. bradbrok

bradbrok Member

20. Dinosaver

Dinosaver Member

2006 Acura TL. My private-party sale won't even cover the cost of the xpel on my X100D.