Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What comes with the Founders Edition that isn’t available in the standard production version?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My guess is that the extra $50k for founders is fully optioned (options aren’t going to be cheap on this one), and special badging. Would be nice if they included something else, but they haven’t in the past. Given that their prototype was doing 1.9s launches all night long, I don’t think they have too many kinks to work out like they did with the Model X. I suspect they are going to take their time on production of this car and not do their usual hair on fire production schedule.
Not to mention opening and closing the passenger door 80 to 120 times that night.

• Funny
Reactions: SpaceCash
I'm hoping Founder's comes with the SpaceX package. My biggest worry is being stuck with the dilemna of having to make a choice between getting the Founder's Roadster now vs having to wait for the SpaceX package to be ready and available at some unstated and unknown time in the future.

I'm hoping Founder's comes with the SpaceX package. My biggest worry is being stuck with the dilemna of having to make a choice between getting the Founder's Roadster now vs having to wait for the SpaceX package to be ready and available at some unstated and unknown time in the future.
This is my existential dilemma as well. Probably worrying over nothing though. He already announced the SpaceX package, he knows not to Osborn his Roadster this way. Probably all good in the hood (frunk?)

To place briefcase, small suitcase, groceries and things like that. And of course if you ‘have’ to take a third person. Even a small backseat adds practicality to a car.

It’ll have a trunk though. Enough to store a set of golf clubs. But yeah, if it’s your only car, then maybe you’d want a small back seat. Sports cars aren’t meant to be completely practical. Especially SpaceX versions :p

• Helpful
I dunno. Knowing Elon, the SpaceX package, which seems now like total lunacy, will somehow work so well as to be a complete and revolutionary game-changer over and above the roadster itself as game changer. I suspect the cool factor alone will be seen to be worth the extra $50k. What's hard is the need for a full payment deposit. That was no doubt done to ensure a slower uptake on the Founder's series. I suspect when the time comes, there'll be an incredible rush for the FS and the resultant demand will drive enormous residual values for those few fortunate and wealthy enough to have paid upfront. I suspect it will be an excellent investment for them. The Roadster is going to be a very popular vehicle in general. A 1000 FS model limited series among the rest of the population of those models will be like owning gold. So let's start a running bet on whether the Roadster 2020 FS never depreciates in value....

Why do you want a small back seat?
ask anybody who has had a 2+2. Most 911 Porsche, a few Ferrari models, quite a few others. I have had Porsche, Ferrari and Morgan 2+2, among others. In each one I have put adult human beings (of course they should be small and be very eager) plus shopping and other paraphernalia. Judging from a quick visual examination of the Roadster I suspect they will have a trifle more space than do most other 2+2. Mine will not have the SpaceX option, at least partly because I intend to use those vestigial rear seats,

My spouse is not at certain that I will ever take delivery this time. I, on the other hand, am enamoured of that range. I’ll never remotely approach any operational limits of the one. I did do so on the others, but I was both younger and less risk-averse then.