Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you own before your Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t buy many cars, keep them on the average for 7-8 years. My last car was a Mini Cooper. Fun as hell, perfect for parking it in ridiculous small parking spots on this island.

2E085A72-4532-47AE-A26B-2D5ED2A0A09E.jpeg

Reactions: Herroweric
Before my Model Y I owned a horse. It has one REAL horsepower. The autopilot is 100% perfect because it NEVER runs into anything nor runs off the road, and works in all types of weather. Oats are cheaper than electricity. The ride is more fun and the waste product is biodegradable. It cost far less.

The only thing I like better about my Y is driving in the rain. :)

Buick Regal Turbo with 6-speed manual. Nearly every vehicle I had owned had a manual transmission, I hate CVT transmissions and dislike most automatics. I decided to skip direct to no gears.

Only other vehicles I seriously considered were the Stelvio TI Sport and Acura RDX A-spec. Then I drove the Model Y.

Ok, I daily drive a 2017 Ford Raptor... and it's awesome. Love it and I'm not selling it. Wife drives a 2017 GLS 550, which is the vehicle that we will be replacing. Had a MY on order but just switched to a MX after the changes were announced... We were leaning towards more space anyways. But as a fellow Raptor owner, I can't imagine losing the versatility as well as the all around badass feel/look of that truck. Very different vehicles for sure. My vote would be to wait for the cyber.

Reactions: Rocketir
2016 Nissan Rogue. I'll have to admit that my MY is the first car I've owned that I do not track the mileage on. I was a believer in putting no more than ~95K miles on a car before trading it in. I think I will keep the MY for a a long time and not stress about the miles. I do drive >60 miles/day back and forth to work so I'm already stacking them up on the MY but I think it will not be an issue in this car vs an ICE car. Fingers crossed. ;-)