Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What did you park next to? (Or what makes the Roadster look tiny?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Little and large:
IMG_0868.JPG

We have those around here all the time. We have driven under quite a few. :rolleyes:

We should give a prize to the first person to post a picture of that! After seeing the Corvette ad where the driver escapes by driving under a tractor-trailer I've been looking for an opportunity to park under one of those and get a picture. Don't worry, I won't do it while the truck is moving like in the ad!

If that truck was behind me the headlamps would be shining over the top of my car. Funny, it was raised so high the tow hitch had what looked like a custom lowered arm.
Pretty common around here, unfortunately. Some people actually put lift kits in their travel trailers to better match their trucks. But not quite this extreme!

- - - Updated - - -

We have those around here all the time. We have driven under quite a few. :rolleyes:
And if you were hit head on, you'd probably have your hat clipped as you went under. Unless you were tall, in which case it might cut a little lower... :crying: I don't understand how they are street legal, given the bumper doesn't come anywhere close to a reasonable height.

You might gather these trucks are a particular sore point for me!

Pretty common around here, unfortunately. Some people actually put lift kits in their travel trailers to better match their trucks. But not quite this extreme!

And if you were hit head on, you'd probably have your hat clipped as you went under. Unless you were tall, in which case it might cut a little lower... :crying: I don't understand how they are street legal, given the bumper doesn't come anywhere close to a reasonable height.

You might gather these trucks are a particular sore point for me!

They're a sore point with me, too. There're too many of them around here in WA state. I travel up to Whistler a few times a year, and there are always a few of them that fly past me as they go bombing up the Sea-to-Sky, greatly exceeding the 100km/h speed limit (btw, I can't resist noting that Canadians in general seem to relish exceeding posted speed limits, even when visiting us down here in les États-Unis!).

Every time I see one, I can't help but think that they're just an unexpected high-speed evasive maneuver away from rolling it. And the higher they lift it, the more unstable it becomes. Dynamic Stability Control systems can't fix stupid. But physics can! :biggrin:

... (btw, I can't resist noting that Canadians in general seem to relish exceeding posted speed limits, even when visiting us down here in les États-Unis!).

Indeed, they've become a lucrative source of revenue here in VT due to their view of posted speed limits. It would be a reciprocal deal but I never see much enforcement when I visit my friends in the Great White North.

(btw, I can't resist noting that Canadians in general seem to relish exceeding posted speed limits, even when visiting us down here in les États-Unis!).
LOL, sorta flies in the face of the sterotypical Canadian apologizing for being too polite and apologetic, doesn't it! :biggrin:

In reality, every province has its own reputation for speed and quality of driving. Our brothers due east in Alberta are probably the worst for speed <ducks for cover :tongue: > then you have Saskatchewan and Manitoba who drive below the limit... after that Ontario - pretty much like Alberta - LOL. East of that is a mystery and they may or may not have cars out there - not too sure.

Generally, speeding means the speed limit has been set artificially and unnaturally low... so we really can't be blamed... :wink:

... East of that is a mystery and they may or may not have cars out there - not too sure.

Generally, speeding means the speed limit has been set artificially and unnaturally low... so we really can't be blamed... :wink:

Well, Henry is just next to us in Quebec where we usually drive 20 km over the speed limit...which in the US 'translates' into 20 miles over...
thus the Vermont state taxes contribution we're called upon to make very often!

Now driving electric lowers our chances for these contributions as the distances are long and chargers are far and few between Quebec and Vermont/NY.
For exemple, driving Montreal to Albany forced me to finish the last 70 miles driving around 55 mi/hr to get to the SC with about 8% of charge...