Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do these prompts mean?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I got in my car and drove to two different locations. Each time I went to get back in the car I received three sound "prompts" from the car. Not the sound that happens when the car is telling you that one of the doors are open when you're in drive. Those are usually three fast sound prompts. These were three spaced out a little farther apart. There was no alert or notification on the instrument panel or the touchscreen so it's not like the car said what the alert was.

I get these same alerts sometimes when I walk away from the car and for some reason the car won't lock, center screen and the headlights won't turn off. I always have to go back to the car, open and then close the door and that clears whatever the issue is and allows me to lock the car and everything turns off. Doesn't matter what door I choose to open and then close, so I know that it's not a door not fully closed situation. I know it's probably hard to understand what sound prompts I'm referring to. I'm going to try and record them next time.

I have the same issue you have in your second paragraph on my model 3. Sometimes I leave the car and the headlights stay on, AC etc. The car stays "on". Therefore, it will not lock. Opening/closing a door resets it. I have made a service appointment and it seems they will change something. I believe it's the seat weight sensor that's bad and doesn't always detect I have left. We will see in a couple of weeks when they fix it. I have had it happen more frequently when I just move the car in the driveway or close by without putting on my seatbelt, but I have also had it on short errands around (with seatbelt on).