Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do yo do for a flat tire?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my first flat tire on my Model Y. Luckily I wasn't too far from home and the leak was sort of slow, seemed to lose about 1 psi per minute while driving. I drove to the nearest gas station, pumped the tire back up, and then drove home as fast as I could while monitoring the pressure closely. Got home with 22 psi left in the tire!

I plugged it and it's holding pressure fine now, BUT I didn't have any repair tools in the car when it happened. I will be correcting that this week as I want to be prepared in case it happens again. This thread has been very helpful, thanks all!

Reactions: FlatSix911
I just got my first flat tire on my Model Y. Luckily I wasn't too far from home and the leak was sort of slow, seemed to lose about 1 psi per minute while driving. I drove to the nearest gas station, pumped the tire back up, and then drove home as fast as I could while monitoring the pressure closely. Got home with 22 psi left in the tire!

I plugged it and it's holding pressure fine now, BUT I didn't have any repair tools in the car when it happened. I will be correcting that this week as I want to be prepared in case it happens again. This thread has been very helpful, thanks all!
Good deal get that compressor and a plug kit too just in case! This is the compressor I bought and it's great though there may be better ones now, haven't looked for a few years:

Reactions: FlatSix911