Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you do for work? Just passing time waiting for updates from Tesla :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
questions

I am a newbie and I can't figure out where else to post this, I have read the FAQ and lots of threads, and this thread is pretty cool, thus I'm posting here.

So here goes. I make jigsaw puzzles. I live in Boulder, Colorado. I could pull the trigger on one of these cars.

I am drooling over these cars. But I cannot figure out something basic.

I live in Colorado, my new fancy electric car needs service, what do I do? Ship on flatbed to California? Doesn't seem practical. I don't see the support. I don't get where I would service this car. Model S or Roadster, or both. I'm a fairly smart guy but retro-fitting brakes would not be exactly my thing. I went to college in California and I get the Menlo Park and West Coast and Highway 101 charging stations and service and community and all those things, I get that, I just don't understand if there's enough of that support network for me in Colorado.

Thanks for any input.

You do have a location in Colorado

Tesla Park Meadows
8405 Park Meadows Center Drive Space # 1175
Lone Tree, CO 80124
more info

But also rangers (service personal who come to your house or office) will travel and provide what you need for a travel fee. I believe it is 1$ per mile.

You do have a location in Colorado

Tesla Park Meadows
8405 Park Meadows Center Drive Space # 1175
Lone Tree, CO 80124
more info

But also rangers (service personal who come to your house or office) will travel and provide what you need for a travel fee. I believe it is 1$ per mile.
And TM will pick up and return your car if that's needed. Roadster owners have generally found this very satisfactory.

Wow, interesting thread and people. Kinda diverse, but kinda not :) I'm also in IT (project management and, bonus, global infrastructure management since they let that guy go a couple of years ago), sort of specializing in UC (Unified Communications). Lived in the UK for most of my life, but came ot Dallas on a company transfer in 2008. My ideal job would be something creative, which IT is not (for me, at least!).

I have a visual resume, if you're bored...here