Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you do for work? Just passing time waiting for updates from Tesla :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am a senior researcher, who works at CERN, the european particle physics lab doing high energy particle physics. Was also part of the big Higgs discovery last year :)

Do you work for Tesla?

Wish I did ;)

Hi Mario,

I know that Elon has sworn you to secrecy, but you can tell us you're working on the FLUX CAPACITOR for him right? :biggrin:

Flux-capacitor-back-to-the-future.jpg

Larry

All right, that question got me to register.

I work for an Oil Company.

I try to find MORE oil, and to get it out of the ground as cheaply and safely as possible.

At the moment I'm sitting on an oil production platform far out in the ocean, drilling an injection well which should hopefully increase the oil production from nine other wells.

Electric cars just make more sense!

Best. Post. Ever.

I know that Elon has sworn you to secrecy, but you can tell us you're working on the FLUX CAPACITOR for him right? :biggrin:

The fun part is that just yesterday I was at a workshop where one of the presentations was about the current state of Interstellar travel options including Warp Drive and wormholes. We went over the math behind it and the historic developments and the end result is that from a physics point of view it's fairly ok. The wormhole thing has some loops that become issues and as a side effect give you time travel that causes an assload of paradoxes that need to be understood, but the warp drive with the modified Alcubierre drive proposed a year ago is pretty feasible. The only downside is that the negative energy creation still needs to be understood as so far we only know of Casimir effect (more of a virtual effect of negative energy) and of optical compression effects that lead to negative energy. However NASA advanced propulsion labs have already begun working on a tiny scale model of the new dynamic warp bubble to try to test the feasibility of the model. It's fun when you can drop the -Fi from Sci-Fi and it becomes closer to being full science. We're still very far out from actual engineering though...

For laymans terms reading on this: How NASA might build its very first warp drive

Once it's developed, maybe Tesla can make it an option, or the ultimate performance signature +++ version. Although I don't think it'll qualify for any tax rebates lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I provide on average $138,000 annually (2003 estimate by the AMA) of de facto free medical care to the poor, downtrodden, and uninsured, ..... i.e. I'm an Emergency Medicine physician, or ER doc for short.

Now if there were only some way I can work that into my taxes as charitable contribution, I'd be able to buy 2 Teslas =)

I'm a broke college student majoring in Electrical Engineering. I'm also starting up a computer hardware blog to help others with computer stuff (and planning on writing and hopefully selling computer hardware ebooks). And yes, I'm pretty knowledgeable with gaming computer hardware.

I'm hoping I can afford a Tesla within the next several years...assuming Tesla doesn't have any viable competition by then. And assuming I can save up ~$85,000 for a S85. And assuming Tesla's prices don't go up.

I'm a broke college student majoring in Electrical Engineering. I'm also starting up a computer hardware blog to help others with computer stuff (and planning on writing and hopefully selling computer hardware ebooks). And yes, I'm pretty knowledgeable with gaming computer hardware.

I'm hoping I can afford a Tesla within the next several years...assuming Tesla doesn't have any viable competition by then. And assuming I can save up ~$85,000 for a S85. And assuming Tesla's prices don't go up.

All the best, Bitech. Your day will come :) The Gen III Tesla around $35k-$45k would be an option too in 4-5 years.

And yes, I'm pretty knowledgeable with gaming computer hardware.
I'm hoping I can afford a Tesla within the next several years...
Reading these two sentences in sequence, I couldn't help but interpret "gaming computer hardware... Tesla". If others read this subtext, please apply such gaming only under special circumstances such as track events. :)

Wow, stayed up late last night and read all 38 pages of this thread. Wish I had time to graph the various job types but probably safe (and redundant) to say that people working in software and IT account for a very large chunk of Tesla owners. I'm not going to change that:
For the last 10 years or so I owned (with two partners), managed and developed for my own small software company producing add-on products to complement a Document Management system produced by a much larger software company. This year we were bought by said large company so now I'm working as a director there. Was considering various cars to reward myself after the purchase and despite my son initially lobbying me with Audis, porsches and various Italian brands, I ultimately decided on the Tesla model S. I like that I get performance and luxury and my geek gadget quota while not feeling guilty about the environment. To be fair, my son also introduced me to the model S and he was pretty impressed with it too.