Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What do you do for work? Just passing time waiting for updates from Tesla :)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Airline pilot. Yes, I burn petroleum for a living, easily 25,000 USG in a single day.

In my spare time I spend time to develop solutions for solar powered smart energy systems for residential houses and other small buildings. Small demonstration project on the way (since around 2009). Good things take time, and I'm a one-man army to do this. Also working on an omni-directional light focusing device, which if working as I plan, will transform the way energy is produced big time. No working prototype yet, but yes, I'm working on it. That device could end future conflicts over energy like Ukraine, Iraq and others, where control of energy is a major cause of war.

Airline pilot. Yes, I burn petroleum for a living, easily 25,000 USG in a single day.

In my spare time I spend time to develop solutions for solar powered smart energy systems for residential houses and other small buildings. Small demonstration project on the way (since around 2009). Good things take time, and I'm a one-man army to do this. Also working on an omni-directional light focusing device, which if working as I plan, will transform the way energy is produced big time. No working prototype yet, but yes, I'm working on it. That device could end future conflicts over energy like Ukraine, Iraq and others, where control of energy is a major cause of war.

Me, another airline pilot. PHX based A319/320/321 captain for a major, now transforming into even more major, carrier.

I have two very different jobs:
1) I delivery babies full-time and am the head of my department at the hospital
2) I work as an editor and in creative service management for licensed and original content comic books and graphic novels, also full-time!

One job involves a lot of sleepless nights, and the other involves a fair amount of travel between New York, LA and London.

I also have 3 kids, 4 cats and 3 dogs. I have next to no spare time and so driving fast with loud music is one of my life's pleasures. :)

- - - Updated - - -

WARNING: Tesla test drives can be very harmful to your wallet but amazingly beneficial to mental health and facial smile contortions. It also invariably results in a near total dissatisfaction with an otherwise and previously assumed perfectly operating non-Tesla vehicle. Do not take this drive lightly!!! The paradigm shift is non-reversible.

Boy are you correct, I am afraid! I LOVED my Q7 TDI before I test drove the Tesla on a whim. 2 weeks and 3 test drives later I plunked my money down and foisted the Q7 on my bemused partner who reluctantly gave up his (older) Cadillac to 'allow' me to get the Tesla!

First I am honored to be associated with such a diverse group. Semi retired taking care of my mother with Alzheimer's. Spent over 30 yrs in IT specializing in network connectivity from single systems all the way to 120+ countries all tied together accessing common systems. Mostly consulted to Fortune 500. I love bringing people and technology together! MS arrives next week!

Alarm Technician. My own company. Licensed in 3 States. Honored to be part of this group. Have have my S since March 28, 14 (just before the sales ban went into effect on 4/1/14, here in NJ, USA). Love this vehicle (who doesn't?).
Funny how many times I have been asked that question. I guess some ICE owners do not know how else to start the "Tesla Talk", and just jump in with "How do you like it?"

Rocket scientist.

Ok.. actually computer scientist (software engineer) at NASA. But yes some of my code is orbiting the earth right now controlling a parallel DSP radiation-hardening-by-software chip experiment on the International Space Station... have referenced thrusters (rockets) in my code, and that requires physics (science), so there you go ;) :).

Interestingly, the current mission I'm working on is going to launch on a SpaceX Falcon 9 in Jan. 2015! Go Elon! :)

S85 due in December... ok... initally December, then was November, then October, and now December again! But I'm hoping it will travel back in time yet again, even tho' it's not a DeLorean ;).

Prolonging the sweet anticipation of owning your very own Model S isn't such a bad thing, I suppose.

Rocket scientist.

Ok.. actually computer scientist (software engineer) at NASA. But yes some of my code is orbiting the earth right now controlling a parallel DSP radiation-hardening-by-software chip experiment on the International Space Station... have referenced thrusters (rockets) in my code, and that requires physics (science), so there you go ;) :).

Interestingly, the current mission I'm working on is going to launch on a SpaceX Falcon 9 in Jan. 2015! Go Elon! :)

S85 due in December... ok... initally December, then was November, then October, and now December again! But I'm hoping it will travel back in time yet again, even tho' it's not a DeLorean ;).

Prolonging the sweet anticipation of owning your very own Model S isn't such a bad thing, I suppose.
Great initial post, ShivaSmith! Welcome and don't be a stranger!

My resume looks like a disaster: Ex taxi and truck driver in Northern Europe. Ex Merchant Marine Sailor world wide, chemical tankers, super tankers and bulk cargo. Engine room, galley and deck. Ex Yacht Captain, Ex Air Force Fire Fighter, Ex Alaska Bush Pilot, Ex flight Instructor in Kentucky and Florida. Ex 747 Captain, Cargo and pax.
Recent investor in bummed out Florida Real Estate, Landlord and Handyman.
Real Estate has doubled and tripled in value. selling some and buying a Tesla with cash.
Maybe also sailboat and a Harley. (Is there a limit on toys?)
Probably should retire, but working as a co-pilot for a major airline instead.