Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What does the display look like in sleep mode??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the M3 is on sleep mode and you get in the car, what happens?

For me the display is blank and I have to wait close to 30 or 50 seconds before I get any reaction
out of the car. The first thing I see is the "T" on the display like when I reboot the display.
Sometimes the seat will adjust to my profile and I can put the car in reverse/drive before I get any sort
of display on the car.

Is this normal? Is that what sleep mode is supposed to look like?

Jim

For me the display is blank and I have to wait close to 30 or 50 seconds before I get any reaction
out of the car. The first thing I see is the "T" on the display like when I reboot the display.
Sometimes the seat will adjust to my profile and I can put the car in reverse/drive before I get any sort
of display on the car.

Jim

This is a known bug where it goes too deeply asleep and is basically rebooting. Some people have taken it to the SC and gotten the screen CPU replaced.

Mine used to do it 50% of the time until the latest update 2019.50.4. Since then hasn't happened in over a week.

of display on the car.

Jim

I had this problem but it was corrected recently by my local service center pushing 2019.5.4 firmware. its like night and day for me, compared to 50.6 and every firmware before it where I had exactly what you describe OP.

of display on the car.

Jim

It "should" in about 5 seconds boot to the regular running screen.

Anytime that you see the T, that's an indication that the display computer is rebooting, shouldn't happen, but it does.
But even with the display computer rebooting, you should be able to drive the car. The seats are controlled by the display computer though.